So, what we're saying is the price ehibbyasia is selling at, is the same price land warrior has to pay? That implies ehibbyasia makes no profit on each sale?

Reasoning:- ehobby buys from manufacturer at a price that makes sense to , and so they can make a profit (no profit means staff and rent etc don't get paid). So what ehobby charges for said product isn't what they paid for it. Otherwise, with that business model of no profit sales, they'd go tits up within a month.

Every shop I've every had dealings with has a mark up. They buy from manufacturer, then put on top an amount that covers their overheads.

If a retailer in the UK is only making £5 per unit sale, I'd be very worried if I was an employee.

Lost leader maybe? You still need to get mags and stuff. With regards to import / domestic I find the saving is made with stuff like rails and mounts and that kinda stuff - less so on the big items. When the STAR L85 first came out I recall a bloke from zeroone saying they made less profit on them then they did tm beta spetznas. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... I really don't think any of that is called for. I have been playing airsoft for over 15 years, I really don't feel like I need to prove that I understand being hit is part of the game. I woul

More   Gearbox and piston   Piston heads   Hop rubbers and barrel cut     Gears compared to normal v2 gear. #tankgears  

So, what we're saying is the price ehibbyasia is selling at, is the same price land warrior has to pay? 

Don't think your comment was directed at me, but for what it's worth me mentioning eHobby was more from a consumer standpoint, what profit Landwarrior doesn't really concern me, and right now, if Airsoftworld is really doing it for £345, that's beating price of importing only one item from Asia by a good amount if everything was done properly, since Echigoya is selling it for $395 + at least $85 in shipping, at £335, unless you somehow got away with ransome charge and import duty, even Echigoya can't compete with that figure. 

Yeah maybe it's just a move by one of the shops to try to gather more traffic, and like people have mentioned, you're likely to get mags with it which they'll make a bit of money back even if gun was sold at break even / loss. Usually what Firesupport is asking for is pretty standard.

Asian shop price + shipping + vat or import duty (Asian total) = UK local price - 10% - local shipping 

So Airsoftworld's offer is indeed very odd at 85% of Asian total before shipping.

Edited by blobface

Right, came back from my first game with the AA12, shot one person in the face / beard from maybe 3 meters, who happily proclaimed "I APPROVE THAT AA12", then moments later, shot another person, again in the face, who walking off really ###### off while being confrontational about it, which was kinda annoying, put a face mask on if you don't like being shot in the face in a CQB site, it's 250 fps. 

Speaking of which, it's also tricky to chrono due to it being a trishot, but I was allowed to use it anyway once that was established. 

My biggest complaint about this gun is that the buttplate design is a real POS, I've lost the plate 3 times throughout the day, two times my team-mates pointed it out as it fell, one time it just went missing and was found by someone who returned it to the lost&found area, if it weren't for these nice people, I would have lost it for good 3 times. If you plan to use this at all in a game, I highly recommend either securing it or tying it to the gun somehow. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 4

Right, came back from my first game with the AA12, shot one person in the face / beard from maybe 3 meters, who happily proclaimed "I APPROVE THAT AA12", then moments later, shot another person, again in the face, who walking off really ###### off while being confrontational about it, which was kinda annoying, put a face mask on if you don't like being shot in the face in a CQB site, it's 250 fps. 

damn man they should play laser tag instead!! 

Is it the "game changer" people that people hoped/feared? Or just a novelty AEG? Cheers

• Like 1

Thats something that really winds me up when I play. I always appologise in some way, usually by putting a hand up, if I shoot someone in the face with no mask. Despite that some people still get really annoyed or confrontational with me, don't want to get shot in the face wear a mask. I saw someone's teeth explode so now I will not play without my mask on. 

Either way how was the AA-12? Maybe you could fit a small grub screw in the stock top it sliding off? Or tape, tape always works lol

I'd say novelty, a small psychological intimidation perhaps, but if we don't take the 3000 round yet to be release drum mag into account, the 31 shot (93 bbs) per mag limit is pretty game balancing, you could only suppress the enemy for so long when you only get that many shots before having to reload. 

I did get 3 kills at a cluster of people from a good 25-30m away with 3-4 shot in semi, I could see that one of the kills were from the wide spread instead of the "aimed" shot (I sort of assume the centre barrel is where the "aimed shot" go. 

I really hope someone will make a drum mag that is 450bbs or something that works like a mid cap, which as far as I know has never been done before in any sort of mid-caps, but the hi-cap 3000 round for me is a no go due to it being rattle machines. 

Yeah I did, used a Blue Force Gear VCAS two point sling on it, it works pretty well but obviously not as ideal as an AR single point. It's easy enough to transition between slinging it on the back, to a more flexible "around the neck" method where I can switch shoulders without switching hands. A sling option that you speak of would also benefit in holding the dumb plate in place as well, should hopefully see some products for it.  

I could not agree more with the drum mags. I cant imagine it would be that difficult to make a simple injection moulded drum with a couple big *albatross* springs

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Making it will be easy, but if you just made it the usual linear way, that's guaranteed jam city. You can't just put two springs together end to end and expect it to behave just as well on their own. Increased friction will mean a "dead zone" towards the end and simply beefing up the spring gauge means needing a crazy amount of force needed to fill it all the way or settle with reduced capacity. You either need two springs in parallel that work independently like in quad stack mags, or an entirely different method like rotary systems using torsion springs in real steel drum mags.

but if you just made it the usual linear way, that's guaranteed jam city. 

What about multi lanes going into a single lane? Probably the worst analogy since that is how jam city IRL happens with cars, but I'm thinking more like how Surefire mags casket magazines work where you have two double stack springs feeding into one double stack slot. 

Edited by blobface

Yep, that'll work. But it will need a relatively complex bb follower if you want all bbs to feed. Like in the case of real steel mags that do just that: the bb followers will look like a string of beads so they can transition from dual to single stack like a zipper against each other.

Edit:

The SF mag may not be the best mag to draw an analogy from though. It uses only one shared follower for both sections and doesn't work very well.

Edited by renegadecow

What about multi lanes going into a single lane?

This seems the only way it could work, TBH. If you have an absolutely massive single 'track' of BBs (say 300rds double-stacked) the spring pressure required to get them all to feed at 30RPS+ will crush the BBs as you try to put the last few in, not to mention probably bust your speedloader, too. The only way it can work is multiple smaller 'tracks' (say triple or quadruple 100rd single-stacked) feeding successively, one after the other. It would require a lot of moving parts but it could be done.

How big is the mag?

Do they fit in an Haley Strategic D3 chest rig?

They fit in HSGI Tacos, so I suspect they will in the D3 aswell.

From the picture the mags are very tall.

Anyone running these on 11.1v? Also - anyone started doing the internals? (Been out of date, going through the few pages now).