• 1 month later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... I really don't think any of that is called for. I have been playing airsoft for over 15 years, I really don't feel like I need to prove that I understand being hit is part of the game. I woul

More   Gearbox and piston   Piston heads   Hop rubbers and barrel cut     Gears compared to normal v2 gear. #tankgears  

I might be late to the game as ever but I have just seen these hicaps and I've not seen them before... and maybe other people haven't so here we go

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_Tokyo_Marui_Shotguns_Tokyo_Marui_600_rds_Magazine_for_Tokyo_Marui_Electric_Shotgun_Series.htm

• 5 months later...

Hi guys - was skirmishing in heavy rain this weekend and it seemed to make the mosfet cut out - was flashing red on a 1 second timer. Anything i can do apart from cover it in electrical tape?

Also skirmish before the pin that holds the rear sling mount vanished - one to look out for!

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Skarclaw said:

Hi guys - was skirmishing in heavy rain this weekend and it seemed to make the mosfet cut out - was flashing red on a 1 second timer. Anything i can do apart from cover it in electrical tape?

Also skirmish before the pin that holds the rear sling mount vanished - one to look out for!

Cheers.

I've rewired a few for customers with better mosfets. Send me an email at shop@dlcustoms.eu

16 hours ago, DarkLite said:

I've rewired a few for customers with better mosfets. Send me an email at shop@dlcustoms.eu

Cheers man - trying to keep the stock TM purity but when something does go properly wrong I will be in touch as i have a few ideas.

BTW: is there a reason the inner barrels are so short? A cylinder thing?

Cheers!

21 hours ago, Skarclaw said:

Cheers man - trying to keep the stock TM purity but when something does go properly wrong I will be in touch as i have a few ideas.

BTW: is there a reason the inner barrels are so short? A cylinder thing?

Cheers!

Partly down to the volume, but also because I suspect TM didn't want to fall afoul of the strict Japanese 0.98J limit.

That being said, I did up a AA-12 for a friend down south recently - M190 spring, rewired it with a proper 3034 based mosfet and flat hopped it with modified hop arms to get rid of the 45 degree spread. Does 0.9J and flings 0.28g bbs out to 50m+ easily with a man-sized grouping. Apparently it's very OP now!

• Like 3

That does sound very sweet! Very sweet indeed!!! And re: op i have had a marshall complain about it already i said man its 260 fps - how much lower would you like me to go? He didn't answer so i went on my merry way. I guess what im trying to say is that extra power / range is good but i dont wanna upset people if i can avoid it.

Edited by Skarclaw

Where did you get the modified hop arms?
Or did you make them yourself? :) my brother is searching for those

Partly down to the volume, but also because I suspect TM didn't want to fall afoul of the strict Japanese 0.98J limit.
That being said, I did up a AA-12 for a friend down south recently - M190 spring, rewired it with a proper 3034 based mosfet and flat hopped it with modified hop arms to get rid of the 45 degree spread. Does 0.9J and flings 0.28g bbs out to 50m+ easily with a man-sized grouping. Apparently it's very OP now!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

23 hours ago, firefex said:

Where did you get the modified hop arms?
Or did you make them yourself? :) my brother is searching for those

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

I make them myself - I'm trying to narrow down the measurements so I can 3D print them for sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/11/2019 at 11:13 PM, RedRob said:

I'm not sure on the gearbox in this, but that sounds like the classic "V2 lockup". Have you opened it up yet?

Hi,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm not technically minded so I sent it off to eagle6 airsoft who reported back:

A screw had come loose (cf Malcolm, above) and jammed the piston, which also damaged it but didn't completely break it. I since purchased another aa12 so this one is gonna have an m90 put in - going to see how much i can get out of it till the piston needs replacing - will update as and when.

Cheers and of course a big thanks to Richard at Eagle6

Retro Arms are doing pistons, and they work really well. Gears are apparently coming in the not too distant future. Loctite 222 will hold the screws while leaving them easy to undo.

Straight shooting hop arms available here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3449141

They take about 10 minutes to print including machine warmup time, so you can wait while the local library or whoever prints them for you.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...