Y helo thar!

gazchap

OK, so I'm not exactly a newbie, but it has been donkey's years since I visited this place, I'm surprised to find it still going to be honest! :)

After many years of feeling like I couldn't be bothered with airsoft (thanks to the VCR bill completely destroying any enthusiasm I had for it) I've decided I'd quite like to get back into it.

I still have various AEGs and guns, namely:

CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine

CA CA36K

Marui AK47 (think it's a Marui anyway!)

ICS MP5

KWA GLOCK 19

and a Mac-11 from a manufacturer who's name begins with H that I can't remember.

So, a few Qs, if anyone wouldn't mind indulging me! ;)

1) When I was last skirmishing, we were all mostly still running NiCd and NiMH batteries. Has everyone moved on to LiPo now? I do a bit of RC flying and LiPo rules the roost there, figured it'd be the same here - I guess 2S 7.4V LiPos would do the trick for the AEGs I have?

2) Where's the best place to get things like batteries and other accessories from there days? Not bothered about importing, and I used to get all my stuff from RedWolf - are they still competitive, assuming they're still going!?

3) Any recommended skirmish sites near Telford in Shropshire?

And finally, are any of the "old guard" still hanging around?

Cheers all :)

1). Yes

2). www.componentshop.co.uk for batteries and related. Accessories: fleabay is your friend and so is google, there are many airsoft webshops floating around. Special Airsoft Supplies are still around too (avoid if you don't remember the name).

3). No but www.airsoftmap.net have most of the uk sites on there and some of the closed down ones too :(

HARRO AGAIN OLD BEAN

1) YES GOOD SIR, 7.4V LIPOS WILL DO JUST FINE FOR MOST OF THE THINGS

2) HOBBYKING HAS AN EXCELLENT RANGE OF LIPO BATTERIES AND CHARGERS FOR YOUR PERUSAL AT MOST AGREEABLE PRICES

3) NOT REALLY MY AREA OF EXPERTISE AS I AM IN THE NORTHERN HAGGISLANDS, AS I BELIEVE THE VERNACULAR HAS IT

Good to have you back, though. HFC M11, I believe.

Archived