Field project ghk m4

Alias1983

Current

75ab0fb330f6f1c7cae28831ca03ea2b.jpg

Very cqb and won't do me much good on a field of 20+ acre's.

I will be building a field upper and am looking at rails.

The current literally blocks off the hopup unit.

I want Airsoft rails but sadly waiting for new rails to hit the Airsoft world takes for freaking ever!

I know the standard barrel nut gives access to the hopup wheel.

ef2ae170aa919479bd8201af241cef76.jpg

I love 2piece designs like the urx 3.1 and am not sold on keymod or mlok. If I had to I'd go mlok but either way the rest of the rail will have grip panels on it. And need qd mounts in the rail.

Technically I can get to the hop wheel but I need a razor blade to get to it.

0c6bf7521e2b4de721d5500cfe388103.jpg

So I need a suggestion or more,

No quadrails and rail should be at the 13"-13.5" length. I plan on getting a 14.5" barrel.

Apart from access to the hop I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. I wouldn't call it very cqb either, in fact at that length I'd say you wouldn't see much difference in range/accuracy with a good barrel & hop compared to a slightly longer one. Tbh I'd grind a whole in the bottom for hop access and if you want a longer barrel stick a can on it. Then work the other way and build a cqb upper which is actually small.

I am thinking about having a keymod alike hole made over the hopup unit

so I can use one of thoose little  keymod rubbercover in the hole

just to make it camouflaged like a ninjaaaa

That is if I can ge my dirty little hands on a package of one of thoose that is.

I spoke with nugentgl and I think I will cut a section of the barrel nut out.

I just don't trust madbul aluminum to hold as I wrench the nut down.

I love the 3.1 and I may try this if I can get a real barrel nut to replace it if it fails. Maybe I can get madbull to sell me one if not.

For rails, the easiest i found with the ghk was the RIS style for the 10.5/14.5 M4A1 style, nothing else has came to mind about easier access.. else you need a large pin or flat head to adjust hop-up. 

For accuracy:

You won't get much more accuracy out of anything past 300mm, anything longer you'll just lose volume.

The shorter the barrel, the lower the gas volume needs to be, the longer, the higher the gas pressure needs to be. GBBR's start with high pressure, so using longer barrels is inefficient.

Prometheus EG 6.03 inner barrel for starters, and a nice rubber like 70 degree maple leaf, with .3 or .32 bbs.

Field limit for this upper build is 400fps on a .20g bb.

I kinda want an edgie barrel, I know ml is good but I may experiment with a g hop using a g&g green bit not sure what other bucking to go with it.

I like 2 piece rails so really the only options is a dd mk12 and the urx 3.1, I don't do ras/fsp

Archived