So, Go-Pros then (and other action cams)

ED-SKaR

Let this thread be started, and shall it discus the merits and foibles of all cameras for shooting and other uses.

Video editing software?

Guncam vs headcam?

mounting options.

videos!

I'm looking for a little bit of advice myself, I'm pretty much set on buying a go-pro hero4, but I'm not sure which one. Do I want silver or black, as they seem to have different specs, but I'm not sure what the differences are. Also what are Moto vrs Adventure options?

I *Think* The black version has a better processor for higher resolution at higher framerates, where the adventure vrs moto seem to mean that one has higher resolution, the other higher framerate. But I'm confused.

I *think* I want the black adventure.

To keep the opening post interesting, here's a video taken with an ATC-2000 (And it's terrible)

I used a diddy Muvi mini cam. Clips onto the side of my baseball cap, shoots in 1080p 30fps or 720p at 60fps. I choose 72.

I like recording but I can never be assed to properly edit, I just keep the cool bits lol. Plus at £40 doesnt break the bank if its broken, lost etc...

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I've got a Contour HD which I picked up cheap. Unfortunately didn't get on with the headband strap and don't play much at the moment anyway. But now I've sorted a helmet and mount for it I'll be using it a fair bit more. Prefer the profile of the Contour but I'll admit the quality on the original HD isn't amazing. Also glad I've got the removable battery version so I can hot swap them, considering a USB powerbank in counterweight pouch for it to. Might eventually upgrade to a higher spec model but I've shed loads of other kit before that.

I have a mobius, which IMO one of the best form factors available. The lens is on the end so it's incredibly low profile. I have it mounted under the peak of my baseball cap with velcro.

There are waterproof cases available for it now too, making it a bit more motorcycle friendly. I'll be getting one for my upcoming road trip.

I've been told that the GoPro clones named SJ4000... SJ7000, SJ8000 are surprisingly good yet incredibly cheap! (apparently £40-£50)

I personally use a Contour 2+ on the side rails of my helmet but I might give these GoPro clones a try as they are super cheap yet they have all the same features, fit all the accessories and even can be controlled from your phone.

I had an SJ4000. Very good for the price, actually. On par with a GoPro 2 HD.

Currently I run a GoPro 4 Black on a headmount. As long as you get the angle right it's all good, though I do sometimes find myself wanting a zoom camera on my rifle to capture long range hits.

Sony HDR Camera, came with water proof case; I just drilled two holes in the front to allow better sound to feed through [?].

Costed me under $200 CAD tax in, shipped.

I attached Velcro on the case, and Velcro to my helmet (right side) and it's good to go.. you can stream the camera from your phone, which is nice, but not as fancy as a GoPro, just my affordable option.

most of the videos in my YouTube channel are made with the Sony (Gameplay videos).

sony_hdr_as20_b_hdr_as20_compact_pov_act

Archived