M249 solid stock info requested

Hatchet

Afternoon all,

I'm looking into getting a solid stock (MK2 style) and just wondering if anyone had any info, and ideally pictures, on the differences between the various brands. A quick bit of searching suggests that the Classic Army version can hold a bigger battery than the A&K, but I've not found anything on the G&P.

Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the various brands or have the internal dimensions for batteries?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Avoid the A&K one if you plan to use a sling, the design of those ones is held together with pins that will eventually carve up the plastic stock!

IMAG1160_zps72983362.jpg

A&K stocks have a sliding door on the end of the stock which is only so big and quite a narrow fitting at the receiver end (ignore the silver bracket, I added that to reinforce).

IMAG0823_zpsmysyquy5.jpg

IMAG0666_zpsbopnod9z.jpg

Ca and G&P ones attach the butt plate with a bolt and don't have the door at the end, I have found the G&P ones have enough space to easily fit a beast of a battery from either end:

d2e89452-f71b-49ff-b063-ae5bd03ce7ac_zps

d2716021-8030-42b2-8fc8-c6b45d8c3e7a_zps

That's some great info there, thanks. :) Presumably the Ca/G&P is just a case of pulling the bolt, swinging it down and loading the battery that way? Looks like a fairly significant lipo could be installed.

I have cracked under the pressure anyway and ordered one. Remains to see if it'll be preferable to the crane stock that's currently on there, which doesn't hold quite as big a battery but does give some good mobility.

Lipo definitely superior, but plenty of space is what I was getting at. Hatchet, that's exactly how I ran my mk46 with the solid stock. If you rewire as well it can be made nice and neat, avoids trapping the wires if you change the batteryy in a rush.

Which make did you go for? G&P and CA seem to fit A&K bodies perfectly but the other way round can be a bit tight and you don't really want to have smash the pins in with something. If you have trouble swap the top rear body pin.

If you did order than a&K one get yourself some jp weld, take it to bits and epoxy the plastic part of the stock to the metal bits.

Went for a G&P to fit to a CA body, so I'll just have to see how the fitting goes. I have to be a little careful with the battery change anyway due to the slightly chunky mosfet in the back and split cables to power the box mag, so there are a few wires kicking about. Still, with the ability to stick a 5000mah or higher lipo in there I suspect I won't have to change it too often.

Archived