How close did this Churlish Folly-Fallen Fustilarian come to losing his thumb?

sir naggedalot

Not that I watch the show :0) but this was brought to my attention by my Son who is a big fan!

Need to watch it frame by frame but his thumb is nearly covering the vent! 

Different venue for a wedding:0)

Lucky no one was maimed or are the injuries from blanks not as bad as people make out?I for one think that blanks should be treated like a live round !

https://youtu.be/69eh3JKGwM4?t=3555

Was it definitely a blank firer?  Didn't see any slide travel but I guess it could have been too fast for it to be captured.  Could have been a flash gun.  Still, pretty dumb.

Not sure if its the same RIF but later in the vid when his Wife "Saves the day" kills the Zombie on the stairs you can clearly see the slide lock back and a case is ejected!

Assuming it's the normal top venting blank, he got a burn at worst. Gas pressure is not nearly enough to sever the thumb.

It's a good example of those 'stress situations' those silly firearm trainers go on about inbetween selling their sponsored ammo and scope of the day.

At the time of firing his thumb is pointed directly upwards, not pressed against the vent. He wont even get serious burn, just a mild one.

Far more importantly is that he swept the muzzle past his dearly beloveds head on that draw. That's the inexcusable bit.

Link starts about ten seconds before he fires when I follow it. It can be slowed in the settings to .25 of the speed and changed to 720

Cheers, it started from the beginning on my ipad.

He's also lucky the foresight didn't gouge a channel in his thumb...

Edit, also not sure its a blank fire because of that. Flash looked CG to me too.

Yeah.  I'm not sure the H&S guy would allow the use a BF in such close proximity, even if a top venter.  He's basically touching the zombie with the muzzle.  Even with low noise blanks it wouldn't be fun.  Prop gun for sure.

Assuming it's the normal top venting blank, he got a burn at worst. Gas pressure is not nearly enough to sever the thumb.

I agree that there's not enough energy to sever the thumb but I still think there's plenty of scope for tendon and nerve damage even with a top venting blank firer! 

Cheers, it started from the beginning on my ipad.

He's also lucky the foresight didn't gouge a channel in his thumb...

Edit, also not sure its a blank fire because of that. Flash looked CG to me too.

If you were going to CG the flash why would you place it at the top? Surely you'd generate it exiting to muzzle? 

Sounds like everyone in the audience jumps and gasps at the same time the flash and report happens no?

Yeah.  I'm not sure the H&S guy would allow the use a BF in such close proximity, even if a top venter.  He's basically touching the zombie with the muzzle.  Even with low noise blanks it wouldn't be fun.  Prop gun for sure.

Did they have a H&S guy at the wedding? I didn't read the end credits and not sure if he'd/they would be listed anyway?

Did they have a H&S guy at the wedding? I didn't read the end credits and not sure if he'd/they would be listed anyway?

If your TV production is dealing with BFs, some sort of H&S person would have to present even on such a tripe program for legal reasons, surely?.  A trained armourer or something.  I just can't see them letting off blanks in peoples faces willy nilly. 

If your TV production is dealing with BFs, some sort of H&S person would have to present even on such a tripe program for legal reasons, surely?.  A trained armourer or something.  I just can't see them letting off blanks in peoples faces willy nilly. 

I have very limited experience in TV production but I can say that what went on broke numerous H&S laws! IE: Actors with no certification operating heavy plant machinery and lifting people with equipment thats not designed to lift anything let alone a human!

The TV crew is there the film and thats the end of their responsibilities I suspect as the rest falls on the Events organisers that are Zombieinfection Sheffield nothing to do with the film production company!       

The bride and zombie are not in the same frame when she 'fires' at it (the zombie). Just good old fashioned editing trick (like adding blood to his head at the end, to make it look like a head wound), looping the sound over to make it seem like you just saw the bride fire at a zombie. Haven't watch the groom fire at the zombie as the video clip started after the were walking away from a zombie on the ground.

The bride and zombie are not in the same frame when she 'fires' at it (the zombie). Just good old fashioned editing trick (like adding blood to his head at the end, to make it look like a head wound), looping the sound over to make it seem like you just saw the bride fire at a zombie. Haven't watch the groom fire at the zombie as the video clip started after the were walking away from a zombie on the ground.

So why not rewind the video ten seconds so your post could be a bit more relevant? 

So, the fact I pointed out the bride doesn't fire at the zombies head isn't relevant?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-02-22-14-01-52.png

In your opinion she doesn't fire at the zombie, no facts just conjecture and I said "your post could be a bit more relevant" not that it was irrelevant!

All I have to say is that a zombie themed wedding is lame as *fruitcage*

This is irrelevant but for the record I believe that all weddings are "lame" :0)

How about from now on we keep posts relevant?  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived