Instant email notifications showing up late.

In the past couple of weeks I've noticed that I've been getting notifications for threads and specific forums late even though I've got instant notification for everything. I'll log onto my email, look at all my new mail and then I'll see I've still got an email or two but it is not at the top. I'll look down my viewed emails and there it will be, a new notification, in my read emails from two or three days ago.

Why is that?

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok, this problem is back and probably the only reason I know it still is a problem is because I'm currently discussing an active topic that I created.

In any case, whether it was resolved or not, I am not getting instant notification to my email at all so far.

For instance, if I use THIS thread as an example, which I recently created, I have it set to instant notification of replies and I've also checked that my email is up to date. I have, however, received no reply notifications to my email at all.

Any fix?

Tom.

Edited by Tommygunn
  • 1 month later...

There's a huge email backlog, mainly because the server was procesing something like 8000 emails to go out when the new machine went live. We're now down to 2000ish and I'm pushing the box to send them out as quick as it can to clear the backlog. With the whole rebuild done now it "should" have the backlog cleared in a day or so now.