Misc Custom 3D Printed Parts

Mike 8-{>

• 1 month later...
Made few things recently :P

qnNhrxxl.jpg

This pot metal lifter part of my PPS M870 lost its battle against steel.

I got a spare one, but before I put it in I took few photos next to 2 rulers.

Loaded the picture into Fusion 360 and calibrated to make sure what I model would be "life size".

NAYTtjBl.jpg

Boom!

I then printed a 1:1 blueprint to verify, then exported an STL file and upload to SLS printing service  to have steel version of the part made.

rNcDLw0l.jpg

New vs old, note how bad the tip deformed.

Dimensions sometime come out a bit off, fitted after some sanding drilling pounding.

Acquired a Panasonic action cam recently, very, very good deal.

Wanted to mount on my helmet via Unity Fusion system, like this:

prod_knuckl_helmet.jpg

inVQizBl.jpg

The aluminum mount ring is in 1 inch or 25.4 mm diameter, the camera measures 26.0mm.

I can still force the ring open and slide the cam inside and it manages to keep in place without tightening any screws, but it became very inconvenient to align orientation or remove to for more casual events.

This time I use calipers for measurements to build "parametric model" from ground up, modified inner diameter to 26.2mm for better clearance.

Note that I screwed up while modeling, mirrored the model, I mirrored it again and ordered BOTH for fun and testing purpose. :P

Oh, BTW, PTS or Unity pls don't sue me, I made them for my own use only.

yg0iUIvl.jpg

Arrived, exactly 26mm as long as I can tell from the calipers, yay.

KnYICxXl.jpg

Test fit, LOVE that MSW/TT battery pouch.

QTzGQaFl.jpg

Nope, I won't paint my bucket, but you need fishnet pattern when you paint the helmet don't you?

BTW, camo on the cam is a piece of kydex molded around a 1 inch POM rod, cut out some openings for accessing microphone and buttons, and wrapped with some lightweight MC fabric.

Archived