WE v VFC M&P9

super64

Hi guys, I'm in the market for an M&P9 and I'm trying to decide between the cheaper WE or the more expensive, but fully traded up VFC. I've seen a few YouTube videos and read some forum reviews and I'm still not sure. I've heard the WE has a few issues, but I've got a number of WE guns and had no real problems. On the other hand I like the fact the VFC has full trademarks, but is that worth paying almost double the price? The gun will be more of a collectors piece, just because I don't get to play all that often, so the trades would be nice. Are there any issues with the VFC? I've heard the recoil spring is a bit weak, has that caused any real issues?

WE the VFC performs terribly. Any issues with the WE can be ironed out and are fixed afaik with the newer generation items.

But I would suggest the TM, it performs far better than any of the above and you can put a metal slide on it so easily. They aren't that expensive but the performance even with a metal slide is way better.

Thanks DeltaZero, I was kind of hoping the WE would be better than the VFC, because I was really heading towards buying the VFC, just because of the looks alone and it's around twice the price of the WE, bearing in mind there are a few other guns I'm looking to buy as well.

I don't think it's an option to buy a TM and then buy a metal slide. From what I've seen I'd probably be looking at around £300 and that's way more than I want to spend on a pistol.

No not £300.. You can get the pistol for ~£120 and then a slide for roughly £100 if you shop around.. I might have a silver nova slide going if you fancy one? Either way till perform way better than a WE and way way better than the VFC.

As for the WE M&P if you look for a HK3P M&P it's exactly the same as a WE M&P but with trade marks.. You can find them abroad on the Asian sites.. KIC has them im certain.

VFC M&P9 has Stark Glock Internals.  What works in a Stark Glock can be put under the hood of a M&P.  M&P has a hidden fire selector that is a plus to you.  Plus, with a 165mm inner barrel tucked in a can like this (stock sights can be used)

25908921542_413ba14caf_b.jpg

You hit 375fps with .20g or 335fps with .28g bbs. 

After looking around I think I am going to go for the VFC, mainly down to the looks of the gun. The performance is a factor, but it's probably not going to get that much of a run out in games. It'll be more for a collectors piece. That said, from what I've seen the performance isn't bad. Plus internal upgrades is always an option. Thanks all for the advice.

Hey I have a brand new one ( vfc m&p) for sale only used a couple of times, it was a collector piece. it's fitted with a cool cnced threaded outer barrel from "angry gun" (I think). PM me if interested. I'll sell it to you for a lot cheaper then where ever your getting it from.

First one is a KWC unit.

Second item, I do not know which gun it is made for but I doubt it is for the KWC unit pictured in the first link,

I have the CO2 Cybergun/VFC mags. 7 of them in fact. Couldn't get any of them to run. YMMV but I would avoid them.

I have owned all three brands of M&P. WE, VFC and TM. If you want a gun that runs well, is accurate and reliable only the TM fits into that category. WE and VFC will fail you. It's just a matter of when. The TM has a plastic slide but it doesn't feel cheap and the slide can be replaced for not too much using the Nova slide kits. TM + Nova slide kit and you will have the best M&P out there. You get what you pay for.

What does Ice picked mean?

Its a valve you drop into any "TM compatible" gun.

This is the Ice Pick valve...it completely changes the game for low temp use and really boots CO2 in the tuckus.

POSICEPICK_1.jpg?v=1437515111

With Propane...you can run down to 5C.  

With Propene...you can run down to -3C.

In the TM test video we forgot to fill the mag and thus it did not get all the shots off.  However, we got an interesting result.  When the gun stop firing...the magazine was literally out of gas.  Just a really small "poof" came out.

Wonderous technology...

I've used numerous pistols at those temperatures and below.

A metal pistol working at 10°c is really not much of a miracle at all

There really are a lot of metal pistols that do not work in 10C.  Especially if it is older technology.  Take any gas gun toss it in the fridge and see how well it works.

Working and consistency is another thing.  Is yours consistent?  Firing 5 times is not consistent.  Emptying the magazine and having each shot register within 3-5 fps is consistent.  CO2 will not even do that, especially at 10C.  Last shot will definitely be lower by 20-30fps if not more. 

Rattle off 15 shots real fast on a video and see how consistent a non-ice picked gbb can be...not very.

The TM in the video down to the last poof of gas was consistently ~265 even to the last shot where the mag was literally empty.  In warm temps the Ice Pick was consistent 320 fps.

Use the Google machine and see if you have a regional supplier.  Valken got it in the US.

Archived