ACM Leupold Carbine Optic (LCO)

renegadecow

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there something special about this other than the looks or why the sudden tacticool mating-season over it?

Dot looks oddly big. Not a bad thing, kinda liked the overly huge dot on my TM rds

Interesting because it's not another EOTech or an Aimpoint.

Dot looks big in pictures because of the camera. I have a 1.5 MOA optic that looks like a dot from a sharpie when seen through a camera.

Interesting because it's not another EOTech or an Aimpoint.

Dot looks big in pictures because of the camera. I have a 1.5 MOA optic that looks like a dot from a sharpie when seen through a camera.

This is how reflex sights work, focus at (almost) infinity if you really want to take a picture of the dot.

This looks like a mirror again:(

I hope cheapo optic manufacturers make red-only reflex sights again, my old T1 copy, which is red only and its front lens is GREAT.

I believe the super flashy front coating and very tinted lens color are required for red/green (or even more color) reflex sights.

Oh, BTW, a question for Cesare, can you see the dot flashing when the sight is moving, like an LED message display stick?

There's also a DeltaPoint Pro reflex copy, I saw one in person and was not impressed, distorted image, flashy LED and unusable parallax.

I'm afraid this would be the same coz I like how it looks.

Actually the dot is rather big even if it might be an optical effect with the iPhone camera. I think I had it on maximum power both red and green.

Let me try it out a bit haven't had so much sun here in gloomy Scandinavia.

I haven't noticed any flickering but I will check that out too and get back to you.

I really hope they make a copy of the d-Evo too soon.

Im on the question end of this myself. Is there something inherently special about it? just looks like another run of the mill red dot sight, swimming in a sea of red dot sights.

....Looks just about as ugly as all the rest of them too.

Does it look like a:

-EOTech

-T1

-SRS

-RMR

-Reflex

-C-more

-Z-Point

If yes, then you need to get your eyes checked, or in the case of people not having a general liking to non-magnified optics in general, will see no defining characteristics much like how a non motorcycle person will see anything with two wheels as all being the same.

Although I specifically said "look" and not function, there's a lot more to red dot sights than simply projecting a red dot on a piece of glass like:

-how big is the viewing angle?

-how much does the housing obstruct view?

-how big is the dot?

-does it have a lot of paralax?

-does it have optical distortion and where/how bad?

-do the coatings make the view darker or wash out?

-do the coatings glare badly seen at and/or through?

-weight?

-battery life?

-range of brightness?

-height to bore?

Ha ha this is growing out of proportions I don't think I will be able to provide such an in depth scientific field test evaluation review of the LCO.

But I will check flickering / daylight function / co witness ability and recoil stability

The gun it is currently mounted on is a Iron Airsoft AAC MPW GBBR with inokatsu and wa parts

I think much of the general appeal to AS sights is the looks rather than function and this is not so rewarding to discuss. If you want a holographic sight with the best function and stability ; don't buy cheap knockoffs from China.

But of course there are better and worse even among the AS sights.

I will get back as soon as I have a minut over to do the tests.

Although I specifically said "look" and not function, there's a lot more to red dot sights than simply projecting a red dot on a piece of glass like:

-how big is the viewing angle?

-how much does the housing obstruct view?

-how big is the dot?

-does it have a lot of paralax?

-does it have optical distortion and where/how bad?

-do the coatings make the view darker or wash out?

-do the coatings glare badly seen at and/or through?

-weight?

-battery life?

-range of brightness?

-height to bore?

See, I never looked at it like that. Thank you for explaining, Renegade.

One sponsor already ordered one LCO for me (for the review), but i feel strange because i didn't saw it on Hk sites. Replica itself is about 3-5 month old. It should be interesting replica! I really hope they will work on D-EVO too. It will be great combo!

To catch reticle dot - your need two types of the camera focus:

Macro (camera will focus on dot itself and it will be big)

Infinity (camera will focus far away and dot will be smallest)

In my reviews i am always provide both photos + brightness on first and last level.

Here is example (Trijicon RMR Replica):

Macro

22408009764_b8060da11f_o.jpg

(Camera focus type - macro, Brightness level - 5)

Infinity

22612429848_d2238c5d88_o.jpg

(Camera focus type - infinity, Brightness level - 5)

Unfortunately no

But I bought mine from HongJun Optical & electronic Co ltd which I believe also might be the manufacturer

I think the only special features is the many levels of brightness I think it is 10 levels depending on how much light there is around you. I also like that it turns itself off when not used after 2hrs. But I guess it could be annoying that it might turn of in the middle of a game but never happened to me. It is far more likely that I would forget to switch it off so it will spend the whole battery.

I was going to test it this morning when to my surprise something stepped in from my right side

b7307a58bd8e70d32b93f093fa96a5c3.jpg

It was a pheasant! Quite a surprise

e11338201f3be88d6c30281f6881c0a0.jpg

Other than that, it was an excellent and thorough review and am very curious with how you installed that beam splitter.

Thanks!

About beam splitter. In general it was a luck. I wasn't fully sure it will work, but somehow it is. Right solution should be lense with proper shape. It's almost imposdible to find it for specific needs. Beam splitter just ate some light and as result - made red dot amaller. Best place for it - right in front of LED. There was almost exactly free space as dimensions of beam splitter. It's installed with no problems.

But if your want to test it on another red dot - your should know - beam splitters are all diffirent shape and made for CD/DVD manufacturers and fir their needs. I got several beam splitters and some of them are too small for installing. Need aditional adaper for them.

so I finally got around to having a look at mine. It seems that you can get different reticules and mine came with a eotech type display which can be seen below.

recticlue_zps0plrt0qw.jpg

the rotary dial either switches the intensity of changes it from red to green. There is no ghosting even at the highest setting and it's very clear (unlike the photo). Basically think of it as an ACM eotech in a different shell.

And here's how it looks on different AEG's

ak_zps4tnf3xsv.jpg

416a_zps3ctvwf2w.jpg

m870_zpscqdbqsbl.jpg

scar_zpsajmoflmx.jpg 

Archived