GHK AUG First Impressions

I have noticed that certain BBs are easier/harder to load into the magazine. I mostly used 0.3s from BBONE(it's a local rebrand of an unknown manufacturer). They are good to shoot and easy to load, I can easily put up to 37 BBs in my AUG magazine. Last game I tried ASG BLASTER 0.3s. They seemed good at shooting but loading them was much harder. After about 20-25 BBs it becomes very hard to load and even after forcing a few more in I could only get 32 BBs in. I checked the diameter of the BBs and there was 0.01 difference at best. Is there something else that can affect the loading process?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it seems Im one of the first to get the new GHK baby so I figured I give a small review/impression.   1. Packaging   I usually don't bother with it however the packaging wasn't the best. The gu

Depends on your definition of disappointment.    First GHK AK (one that had a AEG style hop unit) was so bad it wasn't worth the effort to fix.  I would say that would be a major disappointment  

It's typical airsoft, it's relatively low batch production to begin with and we're dealing with mechanical parts that don't have the most stringent tolerances all trying to work together, every now an

• 5 weeks later...

LOL, spray paint?  There are some quite durable paints out there.

In our armoury there are the F88 and the Steyr AUG, with the F88 having a green stock and the Steyr having the dull green/grey. 

I prefer the Steyrs as they are smoother cycling than the Austeyr.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I received my AUG! I'm making the in-depth review, but for the moment, this airsoft gun is a very good product! I don't have the problem of the wrong side hop-up, and I'm checking if the inner barrel will turn.

I make a small teaser on my facebookpage, enjoy ;)

https://www.facebook.com/vasriotaep/videos/1796917737189038/

Oups I post some pictures but not on the good thread sorry, here they are.

Hello, before the review, here is the teaser  :)

https://www.facebook.com/vasriotaep/videos/1796917737189038/

And some pictures with the rail (version A2) and an eotech or an micro T1

myfG2W.jpg

8dwql0.jpg

Some new pictures from this yesterday, shooting challenge!

4UM6lt.jpg

kqpOSx.jpg

poX7vF.jpg

bzuTWK.jpg

Jq8CEu.jpg

Edited by Vasriotaep

I bought one.  Just a Quick review.

- Crude finish compared with the RS, with jagged seam lines.  GHK is nylon fibre while RS is not, but in all fairness the GHK body is rigid and firm.

- Cross hair is the Austrian Donut, different from the F88s I am used to with cross hairs.

- Lightweight, slightly lighter than the RS, due to barrel being aluminium.

- Magazine construction is good. Much better than the older GHK M4 mags, and quality is on par with most modern GBB mags  

- Accuracy at 20m is acceptable, coke can sized targets are short work (but I can do that with a WE Glock also).  

- Accuracy at 60m the GHK hop up isn't bad either using 0.25gs.  Trajectory is consistent until 50m where it starts to spread up and down.

- There is also a consistent hooking to the right at around the 1 o'clock position, hop up unit needs modding.   

- Power is 395fps at 0.25g which is around 440fps on 0.2g at 18*C.  Bit low powered.  But power output is consistent at 390-395 for 10 rounds.

- Trigger pull is light compared to RS, but the squishyness is the same, and hammer drop feels like a toy.  But during firing, the trigger pull is close to the RS I won't be complaining.

- Kick is nice, nicer than the AK and the M4, but not as good as the G5 only because the G5 is so light.

- The innards look like a minaturised version of the RS, as nothing is compatible with the RS.  no gas piston or adjustable gas settings and guide rods are Aluminium rather than Stainless steel.  Bolt carrier also has no faux cams like the M4 but not a biggy.

Fires fine 30 rounds easy, auto dumps can be done also.

Overall GHK did a fine job replicating the rifle.  Tis a Shame my army is switching to the LMT M4geries.

-------------------------------------

Now onto shortening the barrel and VSRing the hop.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1

I have more or less the same feeling, can't compare to the real one. Does the real AUG has this strange charging handle in two time (1-compress the spring, 2-push the slide)?

I don't understand what you said about the hop-up, modding what?

On my AUG, with 0.30g, easy to touch at 60m but not more (range confirmed by a laser).

The Early Steyr AUG has the rectangular charging handle with the forward assist.  The modern USR has the curved cocking handle.

However, in my experience, no one really uses the forward assist, except to load a round in silence.

The hop up is causing the BBs to hook right consistently, so a VSR hop is required.  In saying that the GHK hop isn't bad.

The BBs reach 60m easy with 0.25gs, just that hook which is annoying.  The BBs actually travel out to 75m.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Here is my GHK AUG now after 1 day of receiving it.

IMG 20160928 083322

I chopped the barrel from 20" to 16", but I chopped the inner down only by 3" so I try to retain the FPS. 

This is the VSR mod on the GHK:

IMG 20160928 083140

Previously it was 390fps on 0.25g at 18*C, Now it is at 410fps at 16*C Also sorted the right hook issue, turns out to be a burr in the hop lever, I filed it away and the problem disappeared.
Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my GHK AUG now after 1 day of receiving it.

I chopped the barrel from 20" to 16", but I chopped the inner down only by 3" so I try to retain the FPS. 

This is the VSR mod on the GHK:

Previously it was 390fps on 0.25g at 18*C, Now it is at 410fps at 16*C Also sorted the right hook issue, turns out to be a burr in the hop lever, I filed it away and the problem disappeared.

Nice, what's the range now if you had to guess?

I recorded the shooting test video for my review and I can touch a human size target at 60m with ultrair+0.30g bbs. Bbs goes until 65-70m but it's too hard to touch at this range. The main difficulty is to manage the right spin due to the very light hop-up tilt. I'm impressed by these performances without making any upgrade, with a new rubber I'm sure it's possible to improve the accuracy and hit more often at 60m ^^

Little teaser :)

https://www.facebook.com/vasriotaep/videos/1807420676138744/

Hello everybody, 

The review of the AUG is now online. As usual, I have set aside my love for this kind of gun to realize the most impartial review for you. 50min of test, external, internal, disassembly, accuracy, range, gas autonomy, consumption, everything has been checked.

The result is simple, the Steyr AUG GHK could be the best GBBR I ever had, just that. Ok it has some defaults, but they are so small compared with the quality of the gun. I let you discover it in this video, but unfortunately, I didn't add subtitles yet ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From other people's feedback, while most people like the AUG for its quality and build, they would still prefer the M4 over the AUG because of familiarity in controls and ergonomics (muscle memory).   The real steel is slightly front heavy but the GHK is very much rear heavy, and coupled with its high sight to bore distance, makes it less intuitive for common airsoft engagement ranges.  People who play CQB pick it up and immediately find it cumbersome even with the short barrel.

From my experience as a tech, the AUG is much better designed than most GBBR platforms currently available, possibly the most well made GBBR to date.  I haven't experienced failures/leakages or premature wear of any kind after 1k rounds, even though it is just shooting around the house.  I will do a sand test, and a combat use test later.  I solid a VFC 417 GBBR to get the GHK AUG, and I haven't regretted this yet.  Cold weather performance, gas efficiency and reliability trumps many of the GBBRs I have.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered one of these on a %25 off sale and am expecting it early next week. Can anyone tell me about the sturdiness of the hopup chamber?

Ive had several Ghk AKMs, the 2014 versions if I recall, and they had severe problems with the hopup units cracking and unsolvable jamming issues. It kind of put me off of GHK for a long time. I still have one that jams at least a few times per mag.

So I'm a bit leery on yet another potential wall hanger, but the price was too good to pass up. So has anyone had any issues with that? I'm not opposed to just ordering a better hopup unit and putting it in before even using it.

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 1

I just ordered one of these on a %25 off sale and am expecting it early next week. Can anyone tell me about the sturdiness of the hopup chamber?

Ive had several Ghk AKMs, the 2014 versions if I recall, and they had severe problems with the hopup units cracking and unsolvable jamming issues. It kind of put me off of GHK for a long time. I still have one that jams at least a few times per mag.

So I'm a bit leery on yet another potential wall hanger, but the price was too good to pass up. So has anyone had any issues with that? I'm not opposed to just ordering a better hopup unit and putting it in before even using it.

I have been using mine for a while now and the hop-up seems fine in sturdiness, however the big problem for me was that the barrel lock would not keep the inner barrel in place. It could move back and forth a bit(this was still ok as it feed correctly) but the worse thing was that it also started to rotate. And this is with the original inner barrel others would leave the entire chamber eventually. Now I have not heard of others having this issue so it might be only me but I had two barrel locks and both did this. On the other hand I already got the TNT hop-up kit so it's no longer a problem for me.

Hello everybody, 

The review of the AUG is now online. As usual, I have set aside my love for this kind of gun to realize the most impartial review for you. 50min of test, external, internal, disassembly, accuracy, range, gas autonomy, consumption, everything has been checked.

The result is simple, the Steyr AUG GHK could be the best GBBR I ever had, just that. Ok it has some defaults, but they are so small compared with the quality of the gun. I let you discover it in this video, but unfortunately, I didn't add subtitles yet ;)

Hello guys, I'm proud to announce that after a long work, the review is now fully english subtitled!

I hope they're correct, don't hesitate to fix mistakes by using the contribution tools of YouTube ;)

Don't hesitate to like, comment and share, I made these review for you guys but I can't continue without your support, thank you gentleman!
Edited by Vasriotaep
  • 3 months later...