Airsoft sightings in Movies and TV shows thread 2

I went to post in the other thread but it's been archived.

Spotted this blatant airsoft P226 in the season four opener of Orphan Black.

Quite amusing as the dialogue that went with it was along the lines of 'tell me how to put bullets in this thing'.  You might struggle with that lady heh.

u8HtwVI.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HK   But seriously though, I think it was the first time she had ever held a gun. I guess the average, non gun person might want some slight guidance to check they were doing the right thing.

I went to post in the other thread but it's been archived.   Spotted this blatant airsoft P226 in the season four opener of Orphan Black.   Quite amusing as the dialogue that went with it was alon

Jason Statham in "Mechanic: Resurrection" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3522806/     Looks a lot like a blue blow back nozzle in a KJW M9 GBB pistol   Enhanced

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

"Dark Matter" loves their UARs. I saw at least three, one bone stock and two greebled up, but enough to make the gun recognizable underneath. And for Season 2, they built a very nice, if bulky and magazine-obscuring front for a P90.

Also, I caught that KWC P226 with competition bits in "Person of Interest".

• 11 months later...

Adam from Myth Busters has his own show now and did an episode of weapons from The Expanse. They are all Airsoft. The bullet splatters and sparks (where the bullets hit walls and the like) are done with standard full-auto paintball guns that use a metalic powder to create the sparks. Some of it is on youtube. Kind of cool actually. He is heavily into the sci-fi weapons of movies and tv and has quite the personal collection. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the company i work for provides Airsoft toys to films alot of the time they get what we have in stock or they already know what they want. The whole feed lip thing is a none issue for them they arnt as autismo as we are some times :)

When you can have procedurally generated CGI muzzle flashes for any weapon and any angle for $60, you don't really need blank firers any more.

Yeah, you can use still PNGs for free, sure, but when you need a nice animated "BRRRRRRT" from a minigun (or a MAC10 for that matter), with involved image dodging and *suitcase*, $60 is spare change. Hell, the company also showed stuff like setting an entire floor of a building on fire using procedural CGI, and it looked hella convincing.

Edited by Mike_West

Shell ejection CGI always looks though.  No bolt cycle, ammo belt feed, recoil e.t.c.  Lots of limitations.  CGI won't be fully replacing blank modded firearms in film and TV for a while I don't think.

Something that really bugs me in films with miniguns is 90% of the time they mess up the sound.  It's one of the most beautiful sounds on Earth and they dub some piece of sound effect on it.