Co2 m4 gbbr?

Shortman

Hey guys, im brand new to this forum but not airsoft, or forums. Im looking for some guidance as im after a gbbr m4 (im an m4 lover and have been forever) but i want a co2 compatable one. Greengas is to temp dependant for a rifle for me and hpi i hate (personal choice, each to your own)

I think its mainly down to a g&p woc ras or we m4? All guidance and advice is appreciated, and any other possable alternatives too. I have no budget in mind but would prefer to keep it as reasonable as pos. Im also not afraid of tech work so if there is a gbbr that can be upgraded with steel parts withought costing a bomb im open minded.

Thanks in advance :)

G&P's are sh*t. You're much better off with the GHK. G&P done nothing to address issues with their sh*tty pot metal bolt carrier. Even if you keep grinding the bolt stop bearing surface flat to keep it going for a while the nozzle retaining area will still break in no time. G&P pot metal carriers are like 30 bucks a pop. A steel bolt carrier from IronAirsoft will set you back like 100. Also the omission of the charging handle lugs means that'll break pretty often too and there's nothing you can do about it short of cutting out lug channels on your own and getting a lugged charging handle which I've done and will never do again.

welcome.

you could go viper tech...

they can handle co2 out of the box.

the mags of choice are the ghk m4 v2 mags.

[v1's were ; v2's are much much better]

i say "mags" (plural) because ghk makes two m4 mags: green gas and co2.

- you can use co2 right out of the box with co2.

- you can use a modded green gas mag with co2.

for more info go to youtube and find "nugentgl" and look for his "devilhunter mod" video.

[courtesy to devilhunter on this forum who came up with this mod, hence the name; nugentgl wrapped it up into a very good video]

otherwise, the replica doesnt need to be modified to handle co2; it will take the extra pressure without problems.

in terms of filling the mags you will have to see...

i for myself use sodastream bottles with an adaptor, since i have no place to hold a 1.8m tall industrial co2 bottle & refill equipment.

if you have further questions about the adaptor, contact me....

cheers

hrvoje

Yea im not a lover of the £900 inokatsu's etc (should mention im uk based) they are just a bit ott for me when i play the way i do, im not afraid of dirt or jumping about as its all for the fun of the game and highly priced guns just upset you more when you fly into a tree and break it!

So the g&p that comes with the steel upgrade parts is still lesser quality than the ghk you would say? And we are not in the running i guess as no one has brought them up

G&P wocs are great GBBs, ghk also have issues with the bolt carrier and the same fix is needed every so often, also the charging handle on the woc can be changed for a better one as there is more 3rd party support available for the WA system. As far as co2 goes for the wocs, ghk mags can be used with mods but the green gas g&p Pmags are very good. A bit of tuning is need to get them to perform perfectly though, can be troublesome OOTB.

WE are ok for the money and run well OOTB but like the cheaper non steel wocs, parts need to be replaced with better quality parts after awhile to maintain function and ends up being expensive. But like the WA system, good 3rd support is available and some slick receveirs and upgrades etc can be bought.

But go for a GHK, as it's co2 by default and out of the box more reliable and user friendly then G&P wocs and any other GBB AR. Good value for what you get, and oem parts are available from there own web site (samoon.com) at reasonable prices.

VT are good with modded GHK mags.. In that respect would I ever spend the cash on a VT again?

No.

GHk is far more superior with the price, sure you dont get a forged reciever blah blah bla . But you got tons of OEM parts for cheap and aftermarket support.

Also look up devilhunter mod

The thing about the way WOC charging handles is its design is inherently flawed. The lugs are there on a real steel charging handle to prevent any dipping of the front of the charging handle into the way of the bolt carrier as it slams into battery. You might not notice it just with the bolt locked back but under recoil it bounces up and down. If it makes any contact with the bolt carrier, no matter how slightly, under actual cycling, it'll snap after it takes enough hits.

And yeah another thing with CO2 is, you can't just top them off whenever you want.

I have used we m4 with co2 mags, 1 mag for sure in 70*f temps, less than that I never finished a mag.

I moved to mapp gas when its in temps colder than, We co2 mags have bad seals

No idea on ghk co2 mags but I like my ghk m4 and v2 gg mags.

I moved to ghk so I can devilhunter mod the mags when I can get liquid co2 as cheap as propane.

I dont like co2 in capsule form.

If you get a g&p cheap it has weaker internals than we does. But with work it too can use ghk mags.

They work great for me, only had one charging handle break in all my wocs, the rainer arms charging handle works perfectly IMO, runing them the most and ran a crazy amount of rounds with no problems at all. Although I do agree the lugs design is better. The mag release mod helps the bolt life as well as bolt lock. And if everything is line up right should run for years, I have a woc 1 with a seriel number of 0000074 and have shot thousands of bbs through it with no problems, even the origanl charging handle is still intact. The only real draw back with wocs in the past was the mags, that has been resolved with the pmag.

Anyway get the GHK.

Yeah... I'm very much a plain jane kinda guy when it comes to my M4s. So STANAG's and standard USGI charging handles for me all the way. Maybe the aftermarket replica charging handles have a better fit around the latch area that sufficiently holds the entire unit up inside the upper receiver. But since I prefer plain jane I had to get RS charging handles and mod them. First one I got I simply grinded the lugs off and it snapped off after about 500 rounds. Second one I got I cut the slots in the upper to accommodate the lugs and it ran for another couple thousands of rounds before I moved on to another much cheaper system(VFC) that gave me much less trouble in the 10000 rounds that gone through it so far. Done with crude tools it was a very labor intensive process. God forbid I break another upper receiver trying to index the barrel nut and have to do it all over again. 

every system is gonna have it's flaws. That's how the Airsoft Industry has designed their GBBR guns to be: Expensive, and lots of upgrades because people in the GBBR market WILL spend the money upgrade their guns...

Imagine if Taiwan made a GBBR that was amazing out of the box. GHK came close, but they needed to limit their "awesomeness" by making a cheap hop unit. Henceforth, the GBL's VSR hop unit is born. And they couldn't make that perfect either and decided to make it only GBBR inner barrel compatible with the AEG barrels requiring modifications. Anyways, the best gun that came OOTB I'd say is the Marui M4 on GG.... well, with the Silver tube removed :P

GHK M4 mine is standard atm

except for a bilateral charging handle due to I'm shooting left handed.

Stock: Mil-spec = Almost every AEG stock will fit.

Handguard: The upper reciewer thread is compatible with Madbull handguards and barrel nut

Pistol grip = Fits RS and GBBR types

Barrels & Hopup = Every AEG barrel and hop up rubber

and as with AEG inner vs outer barrel you might wonna fix your inner barrel for precision

Triggerguars = Haven't tried RS but Magpul for GBBR fit

And as with any out GBBR you will have to make adjustments and maintainence often due to the recoil

so a lot of threads need to be tightened down.

There isn't a lot of RA-Tech part avaible to the GHK but mostly because it doesn't need it.

One thing you will need is to change to recoil spring. The Vipertech is out of stock most places

so the FG-Airsoft spring is very good. Their buffer is very heavy and will give you a good felt recoil

but is weares down one the bolt catch a bit more than the standard buffer does.

Ah im so unsure now though lol. My bro has just picked up a g&p with upgraded ratech parts and its awesome! Im not to fussed on ottb as im happy to upgrade as and when bits need work but i just want the better of the 2 and im now really unsure. I like to upgrade and personalise my guns. And like i said there is minimal price difference over the two guns too

It looks like most of you are saying ghk though?

Pretty much all of us are saying GHK if those are the only two options. The RA-tech bolt carrier sets you back $130 plus shipping and fits so loose it rattles around inside the upper receiver. RA-tech NPAS is garbage too in my experience as the flute valve basically shattered into bits after about 1500 rounds and that's $60 bucks right there. Pointless aluminum nozzle that'll break your $130 steel bolt carrier? $85! RA-tech is HIGHLY overrated and overpriced for the most part. For the love of GOD forget RA-tech...

Id' suggest you tell your brother to sell off all his RA-tech bits before they shatter into pieces too. Seriously f*ck RA-tech. If anyone thinks I've been too salty over my G&P WOC experience I blame mostly RA-Tech. Threw in almost a grand into the thing thinking I'd bomb proofed it just to have it all break on me.

The GHK mags are bit more prizy but the fact that more and more airsofters use them tells you a lot.

Not a manufacturer trying to sell them but users buying them.

GBBs and GBBRs rely on good magazines for sustainability

The Devil Hunter just needs a fill valve and a release valve and then your mags er ready for CO2

and will a lot more CO2 than a stand CO2 mag will.

The Stand CO2 mag can be converted also and lets you use liquid CO2 and be able to refill your half used CO2 mag

without spilling any CO2

Archived