Review of the ASG CZ P09 GBB

Hi guys !

Let me share you my review of the CZ P09 of ASG, a repack from KJW.

This is the first part, internal external, some shooting tests, etc. You will see in the 2nd part of the full shooting tests and performance test.

Thank to http://www.univairsoft.com/ for allowing me to test the replica for you!

Feel free to tell me what you think ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJSmLdVulEk émoticône wink

• Like 1

Well done review. I am a big fan of the ASG P09 and have both the metal slide version in all black for C02 use and the polymer slide version in FDE for Green Gas use only. Both shoot very well and the new polymer slide version cycles much faster when using green gas.

Slides can be switched back and forth as the frames are virtually the same. The polymer slide version also has the same metal sights, metal outer barrel and it appears that the BBC is the same as the metal slide version as well.

These pistols are an excellent value for the money. They provide very good performance and are quite dependable.

Yes it's a really amazing pistol, I was very surprised as you could hear in the video, and his performances are pretty good. Just one question, you use the polymer slide with green gas, never had a breakdown? I used ultrair and during some shooting tests, the slide just explode in two parts. I will get back the polymer slide this weekend but for the part 2, I will use hfc134a to avoid any problem :(

I've put several hundred shots through my polymer slide version with green gas and propane with no issues  (but will be checking for any cracks in the slide as time goes on). I have also used duster and while there is the obvious difference in performance (fps, range and slide speed), the pistol did okay.

Was it unreasonably hot on the day you had the slide failure? 

I do find it interesting that the separation came right at the front sight where the slide material is very thin.

I just bought another standard model with FDE frame and black metal slide yesterday as I really believe this pistol is one of the best out there. Do wish they made a metal FDE slide as I really like the look on my polymer slide model.

Hopefully the retailer and/or ASG (KJ Works) take care of your problem for you quickly. Keep us all informed on how things progress. 

Sorry I just have this one, the slide gone in after sale services few weeks ago, but I didn't see any bad moulding prove on it. I should take it back in polymer tomorrow from my partner.

Thanks. I've seen them break like that before, but with CO2 mag.

I think maybe UltraAir has slightly higher pressure than average green gas though? What was your fps?

Was it unreasonably hot on the day you had the slide failure? 

I do find it interesting that the separation came right at the front sight where the slide material is very thin.

Hopefully the retailer and/or ASG (KJ Works) take care of your problem for you quickly. Keep us all informed on how things progress. 

Yes I will, as I said, it was 16°C this day so really not hot (can be more than 40°C in the summer in my area). Yes it was strange this the slide brokes near the front sight, maybe a weak point or as Jal said, bad moulding. As it's not mine and with my partner agreement, I will make the part 2 review with HFC134a gas and why not make a stress test with ultrair.

Thanks. I've seen them break like that before, but with CO2 mag.

I think maybe UltraAir has slightly higher pressure than average green gas though? What was your fps?

Yes it's right everywhere, don't use CO2, I know why now ^^

As you can see on the graph below, the ultrair is a little more powerfull than green gas but not a lot. My FPS was arround 300fps. (Image source: http://forum.gbb-technics.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1294)

Graph%20Pressions%20Bouteilles%20Neuves.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As you can see on the graph below, the ultrair is a little more powerfull than green gas but not a lot. My FPS was arround 300fps. (Image source: http://forum.gbb-technics.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1294)

Nice information about the different gases there.

Now I know why I prefer ASG UltraAir gas

I like big boom! :D

Interesting to see the Walther gas at 160PSI, might have to get a bottle of that to try :D

Funny how the ones named "Hyper", "Extreme" and "Super" are among the weakest too, hehe.

I wonder though, what is the ambient temperature of the air around the bottle when measuring the PSI?`Because that should make a difference, no?

Or is ambient temperature only a factor when the gas actually evaporates and expands outside of the bottle?

I mean, if the air was -10C and you put the PSI meter in the bottle, will it give the same PSI as if the air was +35C?

Sorry for going a little bit of topic :| 

• 7 months later...

anyone else have had this problem?

basically n° 29 (the ring that adjust the bucking) broke on me.

One side of the ring snapped off.

2pob7mx.jpg

anyone know where I can find a replacement, or possibly a better part?

Thanks

I'm guessing ASG itself.

Not sure, but aren't CZ models OEM'd by KJWorks?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I know all of that, my model is an A+ version (different bucking). don't remember where I got it from.

But maybe some one here might know a place where you can have a better than original part. otherwise I might just make it myself (wouldn't be the first time).

I see. No clue then :).

Give a shout if you decided to make one yourself?

Ps, how's your collection? I remember you being a huge HK fan?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I will let you know, But right now I am working on a couple a handguards and mag releases.

I still have a couple HK airsoft guns, but most pistols and AEG's are gone.

I do have a TM MP7A1, HK45 and USPc though. :D

• Like 1

Never understood why this pistol didnt become as popular as some others. Mine are all running great (especially with CO2 magazines). I've kept the hop-up set for .25's and have had no issues.

I was especially surprised when there were so many problems reported with the FNX-45, but they were still being picked up like crazy. For some reason, the P09 just didnt take off to the same fanfare.

I still think the P09 is one of the best double/single action pistols out there. Range and accuracy are quite good and the build materials seem to be first rate for a pistol in this price range. I even like it better than my TM P226, KJW P229 and KJW CZ75's.

Would like to see a urban gray frame with brushed satin silver slide and barrel. Some replacement backstraps would be nice as well.

I know this isnt the best solution for the hop-up part issue you are having, but what if you got one of the "all polymer" versions and used it for a parts gun? The frame, magazine and barrel group are the same as the standard version and you could use it later if needed. The price here for the "all polymer" version is quite a bit less ($80-85.00 US).