G17 frames. What am bestest?

Lone_Bullet

Another one of these!

I'm looking to replace TM's ABS by something beefier.

I remember having the KWA's FPG and thinking that the grip would be SO nice to have on a glock. I believe it is also DuPont polymer.

So I'm looking for a frame that feels close to the same with reinforcements.

3 options:

- GunsModify. However I don't think they've ever released them? :s

- Guarder. Go-to frame for upgrading a TM. 

- Nebula. 

Last 2 don't seem to have the reinforce but yet they DO offer the nice Gen4 style.

No reviews found what-so ever.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks.

I've had TM Glock frame, KSC Glock Frame, WE Glock frame (GEN3/GEN4), HK3P (GEN3/GEN4), Guarder Glock frame and Stark Arms Glock frame.

In my OCD opinion, from my own experience, and from what I have seen and heard from others, the HK3P Glock frames are the nicest ones over all. Someone who used real Glocks also told me that the HK3P frame feel and material was closer to RS than Guarder but I think that's up for debate I guess.

I believe the Nebula frame (as I was recently informed) frame is the HK3P frame brand name in Japan.

So, in short. Nebula.

No idea on the GM frame.

What is the TW frame? :o 

But isn't the brand new Guarder frame for M&P being sold under the Nebula name in Japan?

Yeh, it was a pretty confusing story I was told on how things were switched around with OEM suppliers and naming etc.

But I can tell you this, there is no other brand of fully marked GEN4 Glock frames for TM/WE other than HK3P ("Nebula"). And Guarders Japan brand name is apparently Nebula, and supposedly they used WE OEM frames before and stamped some markings on there and rebranded it or something like that.

Also the pictured kit of the Nebula frame is exactly the same as the HK3P GEN4 frame kits were sold with so, I am 99,99% (this backfired on me in the Cybergun FN 5-7 thread :P) that the Nebula Glock 17 GEN4 frame listed above is the same as HK3P GEn4 frame kit.

HK3P kit: http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p18324/HK3P-GLOCK-Polymer-Frame-for-WE-G17-GBB-(BK)/product_info.html

Nebula kit: https://impulse101.jp/?product=nbla-10 (very few hits for Nebula Glock frame on Google and this is one of the few, and a JP site too. Nebula = JP name :o )

I am hoping the person who told me the backstory can jump in and explain better :P

Oh... TimberWolf, lol. The man asked for Glock frames ;)

Also, somewhat along the same lines.

There were HK3P M&P fully marked guns and frames about before.

They went away for some time.

And then later on Nebula branded frames for WE M&P appeared, of which I bought one, and it looked pretty much exactly like the HK3P M&P frames too so.

Who knows what connections these different companies, brands and names have.  :wacko:

I personally prefer the Guarder and HK3 frames. One thing I've noticed is that the Guarder frame actually fits my hands differently. With the HK3 frame I always used to have the sights slightly too high when I drew my Glock, but with the Guarder frame I can bring it up on the sights every time. That might just be me though! The HK3 is definitely a nicer feeling frame materials wise though.

I would choose Guarder frame since they have a realistic looking fake third pin.  HK3P and Nebula fake third pin looks ugly.

Mike

The "fake" third pin was actually correct if you use a slide with a DMD076 serial number like the TM G17. It was a transitional feature between gen2 and gen3 Glocks.

Also, if one cares about correct trades, Guarder it's the only with the Euro frame for slides with the eagle proof mark instead of the american ones with the little Glock logo.

It wasn't me that told NonEx the back story but the same bloke told me too I think!

The Guarder M&P frames are sold by Enten under the Ghost brand Nebula to avoid licensing issues, same with the SAI BLU kit..

Usually WE OEM'ed nebulas stuff but this isn't the case this time. The Glock frames are WE OEM.

Any idea of reinforcements?

I'm not looking for ultimate realism ( like the position of that trigger pin ) but more like longevity of said frame.

IS there anyone willing to do a review, or at least point out strong and weak points of Guarder and Nebula/3HK frames? :)

Oh, and for the sake of everyone, I'm gonna pester GunsModify for their frame ^^

Ps. Thakns for the quick responses!

You should add epoxy to the frame anyways whether it be stock or guarder for the glock 17 frames

photocred @cav

JdawjeF.jpg

didn't read the thread, so, HK3P has better trades then WE, feels better, but not Nylon Reinforced like Guarder frames.

What does that even mean on Guarders frame? Nylon reinforced? lol

Is the strength of the frame really such a big deal? In what regards is it a problem? I doubt one is much better than the other when it comes to strength during normal use :o

i dunno man, prolly some marketing gimmic, just the plastic is better quality then the average stock pistols. don't have any data with test, but just the "word on the street" i guess. 

All the frames for glocks have that front post weak spot anyways XD

I would say go with Nebula/HK3P and put the epoxy fix in depicted above and you should be good.

LIke I said out of all the frames I have handled personally I prefer HK3P.

If you wanted to make the TimberWolf frame look good maybe don't take the photo with a potato ;) 

lol

Archived