TM Strike Warrior help

garry

Guy's.

Just bought my first TM in many years, and must say I quite like it.

However, I'd still like upgrade options.

Now, my googling and search skills are not up to par on this and I know you chaps are very knowledgeable.

I'm considering an alloy slide, and also, do you guys know if there is a metal version of the strike / meat-grinder assembly?

I'd like to change a few of the plastic parts over to metal for that bit of extra weight / realism. I'm not too worried about affecting cooldown for example.

I just realised the sights are plastic as well, which I didn't expect.

Any pointers appreciated.

Afaik there is no metal slide option for the strike warrior.. I considered getting a strike warrior but with no slide upgrade options I didn't in the end. I think the closest was a detonics slide but that had the wrong sights and markings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,

Markings aside, I thought this was in fact a detonics slide?. Looks like it would fit?

Main thing I'd like to change is the strike end, but I can't seem to find a metal version of it.

I wouldn't mind a stainless / metal outer barrel, but appears to be out of stock everywhere!

I think they're right yeah wasn't sure on the sights though.. Been a while since i looked into it to be honest.

With regards to the strike end maybe get something 3D printed? Think that'd be your only way.

Im interested to see how it turns out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slide's a Detonics. The rear sight is dovetailed in so you can, in theory, bodge something like a Novak in with the bottom built up with epoxy. Strike face is proprietary, but WE makes them which can be modified to fit. If you can't find a Detonics outer barrel, you can get a Hi-Capa barrel and chop it down.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/4371-we-tech-airsoft-metal-we-hi-capa-gbb-pistol-tenderizer-compensator.aspx

Thanks again.

In hindsight, I may actually leave the slide standard, as I quite like the super fast cycling on this.

Maybe just go for other options to add weight. Trouble is, I'm used to full metal guns generally and prefer them heavy.

Might be an idea to upgrade to a metal frame??, as I assume it's just a full size standard 1911 frame, but I'd have to accept I'd have a slide left over if I buy a kit.

If you use WE pot metal for the strike face and outer barrel that's going to bring the weight up considerably. The slides by Guarder and Shooters Design don't really add much being aluminum.

Agreed. I think that's the way I may go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chaps,

Seeing as everyone and their dog seems out of stock for a Detonics metal barrel, would this in the link be likely to fit - even if I needed to chop down the barrel?

I'd prefer stainless and some markings on the chamber anyway, or am I peeing in the wind?

Might be just that bit of extra weight I need. I like this gun and may keep it fairly standard.

Hej Garry KIC Taiwan has the guarder barrel in stock http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/product_info.php?info=p9678_Guarder-MARUI-DETONICS-45----------------------------.html&XTCsid=f110ec5c5ea1034f8eb7f5ca43cc4cbe

I used a cut down TSC hi-capa barrel on a shortened hi-capa slide, this might also work seeing as the barrel isn't cone shaped but rather straight. Its fixed to the hop housing by two grub screws, so its non tilt. But it really wont ad that much weight.

Thanks for the input chaps.

Sorry, like a cretin I forgot to put the link in.

What I was thinking was this set-up and cutting down the barrel. Would this work do you think? I could then get one of the chambers with some decent markings in.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-stainless-outer-barrel-for-marui-hi-capa-4-3-1.html#.V0SMYpErLIU

In theory it would work, but if you cut the end of the cone barrel there will be a gap between the sides at the end of the barrel and the slide. 

To avoid that gap is the exact reason why I used a the TSC that is cylindrical instead of cone shaped. 

Of course if the barrel is fixated in the meat grinder comp it wont make much difference accuracy wise.

Thanks,

It does go into the meat grinder by about 3mm when in full battery, but it's not held tight by any means. Tbh, just had a look and even with the slide fully rearward, the outer barrel has maybe less than 1mm movement / wiggle at best. Not really after supreme accuracy anyway really, just some fast fire fun, but with the gun having a decent / more realistic weight.

Depends on the barrel geometry. Some bull barrels taper down early on from the muzzle so chopping them will leave a gap as jv83 says, while others are straight and only taper at the last inch and a half so the barrel is supported even when cut to 3.5".

Thanks buddy.

I think I'll get my mate to measure his hi-capa barrel and where it tapers down before I commit to this route.

I wanted a threaded barrel for my Detonics, so I tried a WE Hi-Capa 3.8 barrel.  It was too long (which I realized), but it also was a regular taper (fat at the muzzle, skinny at the chamber end, constant rate of decrease in between).  So the barrel would have quite a bit of "slop" if you were to trim it to the proper length.

I don't know how that would be affected by the Strike Warrior's meat grinder though.

Well,

It worked... :D  (using the idea of a high capa chamber and cutting down a hi capa barrel)
Damn hard work messing with stainless though.

Made a slight difference with accuracy though. Now shooting maybe 20mm low at 6m. This doesn't bother me tbh, as this always was going to be used for rapid fire fun at cans and empty shotgun shells, which you can still hit every time. It's because the end of the barrel now has a slight bit of play with the slide, as it is not quite as wide at that point as the original flared / tapered one was.

Much nicer weight now though, and a bit better looking with the markings on the chamber. The old chamber was plain.

8zgydv.jpg

123lgkn.jpg

16m58jl.jpg

Archived