Wingun FPS adjustment

Corkie121

Hi all,

I know that Wingun revolvers aren't so in vogue lately, but I figured I'd share this quick mod to help anyone who hasn't had much luck with trimming the spring.

99% certain that this mod isn't published already, and it makes the FPS Wingun series revolvers adjustable, which is pretty handy compared to guesswork and a pair of wire clippers. All it takes is an M4 nut and bolt, some pliers, a file and a hacksaw.

< Super overused disclaimer: If you ruin your gun, desk, hands, life, eyes, cat etc, please do not blame me. Take this as fair warning that tools can cause harm, and that I am in no way responsible for your level of ability, or any risk undertaken, this post is for information only. >

It's really simple to do:

- Take the side plate and parts out of the revolver, you may wish to take a photo of how it all goes back in there, but it's not the most complex of mechanisms.

- Remove the bottom from the silver box that the hammer spring rests on.

- File down opposing sides of the M4 nut until it can fit into the small slot below where the hammer spring travels. It should be a close fit and unable to rotate. It is important to create a fit that allows the nut to      remain in the upper or lower end of this cut out to avoid the bolt contacting the hammer spring guide in operation.

- Reassemble the mechanism as normal and remove a small amount of the lower section of side plate to allow it to close over the nut.

- Thread the bolt into the nut and tighten to push the silver box upwards, increasing hammer spring tension, and therefore increasing the FPS. This was mainly intended to lower the FPS, and to allow for the user to accurately alter it to safe levels. 

- ????

- Profit.

post-22650-0-59800800-1461794124_thumb.jpg

Lots of text, but it really is a simple thing to do, hopefully the picture below should show it more clearly if the writing didn't. Obviously this should be used sensibly, and not to increase FPS to silly levels, but hopefully it's useful.

Cheers,

Corkie

...cat...

Instructions not clear enough, shot cat in face.

Looks like this mod adjusts the pre-tension of the hammer spring, good idea and nice and simple to do. I'll have to poke around inside my GH webley to see if the same can be applied to that.

There is another way to reduce the fps of CO2 guns which I use on Gletcher Grachs for example or in my Nagant Revolver.

I think all of them use the same valve system, at least I haven't seen others yet. So my method is going straight at the valves.

Simply close one outlet of the valve by soldering it. It works flawless. Closing one on the Gletcher Grachs, reduces the fps to a little below 350, original was about 420-450.

I also tried closing both and drilling smaller holes and got them down to 250fps this way.

Srcbvgw.jpeg

With the Gletcher Blow Back models you have to pay attention to lower the fps not by too much, as the increased preassure backwards increases the BlowBack enough to seriously damage your slide.

I've used the 350 fps setup for 1.5 years without problems, then I thought I could go lower as I only use it in CQB and then broke the slide within 3 Magazines when dropping it to 250, also with a brand new one.

20150320_223936wiu2w.jpg

This can be solved by lowering the seal from the valves backside to the blowback cylinder. After I've done this, no issues as well with the lower fps Mags.

The APS has the valve directly in front of the cylinder and not from a magazine to the cylinder like found on the Grach, for that one even 350 was too low.

We had to sand down the Pistonhead inside that Cylinder a bit.

On NBB Models like Revolvers of course not an issue. Maybe this is also an idea you can use to make your webley game friendly.

I hope Corkie does not mind if I copy his disclaimer as well, because with this method you have to work very precisely.

< Super overused disclaimer: If you ruin your gun, desk, hands, life, eyes, cat etc, please do not blame me. Take this as fair warning that tools can cause harm, and that I am in no way responsible for your level of ability, or any risk undertaken, this post is for information only. >

The "rim" of the valve has to stay clean and straight for a proper seal. A friend of mine tried this method himself on a CO2 gun and scratched off the lead on the rim damaging it. This is how it looked afterwards:

kIC16Sz.png

You can see, that there's no seal possible anymore. I managed to make it work again by sanding down myself and evening it out, but it was a lot of work.

Archived