M249 Full Length Receiver-Only G&P or Other makes?

Greenmeance

Evening All,

Does anyone happen to know of makes of m249/ mk46 other than G&P, that have a full length receiver without the horrible cut out in the foreend?

That's this bit:

AampK%20receiver_zpshm8ebowi.jpg

This is an A&K version where the "bridge" bit where the handguard attaches is a seperate piece. CA versions I've owned have been basically the same, but all one piece.

I know G&P have a continous foreend (top in the pic below ) but does anyone know of any other makes out there that don't have the cut out and are perhaps made of steel? Like TOP?

IMAG1052_zps9535f114.jpg

Felt like building a new m249 and can't quite bring myself to bolt a lower rail over the cut out.

As for other receivers, I'm not sure if the top receiver is actually steel. all the others will be the same as the A&K. Only option would be the G&P.

As fair as I'm aware G&P bodies are steel!

Both my 249s and mk46 are G&P, and all 3 have steel bodies.

one of the 249's is the DX version, and every receiver part is steel and all welded together as per the real thing.

• 1 month later...

You know I've never seen or handled an Ares LMG, would some pics of the feed assembly on the G&P 249 help? If so happy to oblige

Something that might also be an issue is the shape of the bit on top of the mag that clips to the body, they do seem to vary a bit between TOP/CA/A&K/AD etc

Archived