KWC 1911's-Has anyone figured out how to fully disassemble them?

Wingman

Just bought my first KWC/Cyber Gun "Colt Rail Gun" and while I've plenty of experience with taking apart TM, KJW, ASG and WE 1911's, these KWC's have me completely baffled.

It appears that the ambi-safety halves are glued together (which at least keeps the right side lever from wobbling around-something that annoys me on all those other brands) and all the frame pins are actually fake.

I've not been able to find anything on the web (youtube) that shows anything more than the removal of the slide (obviously no big secret).

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is it really necessary to use the recoil spring that is wrapped around the barrel or can I remove it and swap out the normal recoil spring with a stronger one?

Overall the pistol appears to be pretty good and functions fine. It is a fairly good representation of the 1911 (with the exception of the above mentioned issues and some others with the look of the slide where the thumb safety is and grip screws). Certainly the price is right and all 4 models do look quite sharp.

Looking forward to getting some quality shooting time in with it.

Same experience here.

Why do you want to take it apart though?

I took apart one of my original old style KWC 1911s and they are pretty fragile, I don't recall exactly what or how but some stuff broke while I was tinkering with it. From like, nothing :P

I think you can remove the barrel spring if you want and upgrade the recoil spring.

I tapped the grip screw holes and put in real 1911 screws in my stainless one. Had to space the screws with small o-rings though.

Ok..thanks..just like to get and idea of how these things work.

You guys seem to have had them for awhile, how are they holding up? My general "go to" 1911 is a KJW 1911a1 that I've done some simple mods to. It's all slightly surface worn and has a scratch here and there but it has never failed me. It has to be maybe 8+ years old and untold number of BB's have been shot out of it.

The KWC Rail Guns just looked good and the reports appear to be pretty positive. So I'm giving it a try.

They are fantastic pistols.

Their slide rail dimensions are similar to the RS, unlike the other Marui versions.

Kick is good.  It is more a project gun for me as it was a positive pressure valve, and after mods to a negative pressure valve and modding the hop up its reasonably accurate.

Just that 420fps is a little high.

I have removed the wraparound spring but it didn't return properly.  I have also replaced the springs with a 150% marui spring.  But even the smaller recoil spring has tension which is stronger than the 150% spring.  So no go.

Same as above.

Many people I know and played with use them for their gaming side-arm and the only bad thing I have heard is that the nozzle can break sometimes.

Love the overall feel, sound and kick of these :D

I tried removing the barrel recoil spring on mine last night just to check and it doesn't function properly without it.

They are fantastic pistols.

Their slide rail dimensions are similar to the RS, unlike the other Marui versions.

Kick is good.  It is more a project gun for me as it was a positive pressure valve, and after mods to a negative pressure valve and modding the hop up its reasonably accurate.

Just that 420fps is a little high.

I have removed the wraparound spring but it didn't return properly.  I have also replaced the springs with a 150% marui spring.  But even the smaller recoil spring has tension which is stronger than the 150% spring.  So no go.

420fps?

They are not set that high.  You are not talking about the .12g fps are you?

Just put a magazine through it a moment ago. Really nice kick and at 50 feet the pistol was right on with .25's. Have not had a chance to set up the rest of my outdoor range yet.

Pistol certainly seems impressive. Certainly not a display or wall hanger, but a nice field piece.

I bought the 2 tone (silver slide with black frame) as it just looked different from all my TM's, KJW's and the WE. If this turns out as well as you guys have said, I'm going to have to get either the Marine version or the Stainless version to add to the collection.

Anyone know of a retailer selling the spare magazines in silver?

• 4 weeks later...

My experience with KWC 1911s haven't been good. After about 50 rounds of shooting I was able to flip the safety to safe with the hammer down. Then I tried pulling the trigger with the safety on. It seemed to be fine but soon as I flipped the safety back off without touching the trigger or grip safety it would fire a shot. Shimmed some stuff and got the safety to work properly. After that the I found the sear to be start deforming and at some point the top of the hammer started getting caught at the bottom of the BBU. Filed the top of the hammer and bottom of BBU and got around that. Then the tabs on the nozzle that retains it to the slide got worn down. Got new nozzle and drilled a hole at the rear of it to relieve excess pressure. After which outer edges of the piston head started peeling over and getting caught inside the nozzle. At that point I gave up on it.

FYI both the new KWC 1911 Tactical and the Cybergun KWC 1911s have improved on all those points.

Slightly OT.

Is that this http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Blow_Back_Pistols_KWC_KWC_M1911_A1_TAC_CO2_Version.htm that came out around 2013/14, or is there a super-new one that came out after the 4 rail guns?

• 4 weeks later...

My experience with KWC 1911s haven't been good. After about 50 rounds of shooting I was able to flip the safety to safe with the hammer down. Then I tried pulling the trigger with the safety on. It seemed to be fine but soon as I flipped the safety back off without touching the trigger or grip safety it would fire a shot. Shimmed some stuff and got the safety to work properly. After that the I found the sear to be start deforming and at some point the top of the hammer started getting caught at the bottom of the BBU. Filed the top of the hammer and bottom of BBU and got around that. Then the tabs on the nozzle that retains it to the slide got worn down. Got new nozzle and drilled a hole at the rear of it to relieve excess pressure. After which outer edges of the piston head started peeling over and getting caught inside the nozzle. At that point I gave up on it.

I had that along with the barrel bushing deforming after 1 mag.

My friend had his slide fly off after his barrel bushing broke.

My hop up unit was non functional on the one I bought and my replacement.

Not fixable in the least, super glue didn't work.

My first of 1911 tac disintegrated in my hands.

Hammer that's useless kept getting stuck on the BBC, wish I spent the money for a timberwolf instead.

I sold.it and 4 crappy mags from the get go after I got the replacement to buy a used tw that I still have and works perfectly.

I've put a couple hundred shots through mine, mostly in the last couple of weeks. Still shooting nicely and I've had no issues. The magazines have worked fine and the pistol certainly reaches out there. Accuracy has improved with use.

Was actually contemplating another version (either the all stainless or the MEU tan version), however, with the several issues that have come up regarding this brand in this topic, I'm wondering if I should just stick to my KJW MEU (using the ASG 1911 C02 magazines also with good results). This pistol also shoots well, but not with the authority of my Rail Gun.

If you want something you can trust and rely on over time, that is mediocre all around out of the box at a fair price, the KJW is the one to go with :P

I will admit my first hand experience with the KWC 1911s are limited in terms of long term use and durability.

If you want something you can trust and rely on over time, that is mediocre all around out of the box at a fair price, the KJW is the one to go with

I will admit my first hand experience with the KWC 1911s are limited in terms of long term use and durability.

This

Archived