TM G17 slide sticking, trigger not resetting

My trusty TM G17 suddenly started having issues a while back: The slide would stick open unless I cocked it while depressing the trigger. I was told the issue was the trigger bar so I put in a Guarder steel trigger bar and the problem was resolved.

But now I have new problems. When I cycle the slide while depressing the trigger the slide will stop 2cm before fully closing and the trigger will not reset. No mag inserted. When not depressing the trigger the slide will cycle normally. With the slide removed and I simulate a trigger reset with my fingers, it's ok. 

Any ideas?

It turns out the Guarder trigger bar is just a piece of *suitcase*. The trigger bar was failing to properly interface with the sear. The trigger bar would reset even while the trigger was depressed. I bought a replacement OEM Marui trigger bar and it works fine now. The only slight issue I have is that it won't cock unless I put downward pressure on the slide while I rack it. 

Archived