TM P226 with PGC kit internal problems.

Tigerhund79

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, and unfortunately it´s about a problem that I´ve got with a P226 that I just aquired 2nd hand.

With a fully gassed up magazine, it only manages to get off two or three shots before the magazine is fully depleted of gas. The slide and frame fitment is superb, but the rearward stroke of the slide when firing is weak and the pistol makes a typical "almost empty of gas"-sound even on the first shot. The previous owner had only one magazine for it and according to the techs he had been in touch with said the issue probably resided with the magazine and then he sold it off to me, saying he hadn´t used the pistol in quite some time.

When I got it, I tested the magazine that came with the pistol with my other P226 with a Prime slide and frame conversion kit and it was just as reliable as my other three TM magazines, meaning the problem is with the pistol and its internals, but since I´m not a GBB pistol tech, nor that experienced with GBB pistols yet, I dare not guess what the problem is. Therefore, I leave the guessing to you lot, since most of you are probably much more tech savvy and experienced than I am.

Here are the specs for the pistol:

Externally.

PGC CNC Aluminium P226 Navy Conversion Kit
GunsModify Tri-Dot Green Tritium Night Sight Set
Guarder Steel Grip Screw
RS Sig Sauer Decocking Lever
RS Sig Sauer Grip Panels
RS Sig Sauer Decocking Lever Spring

Internally.

FireFly Hop Up Bucking (Hard Type)
Guarder Enhanced Loading Nozzle
Guarder Steel Recoil Spring Guide
MAG Replacement Spring Set
PDI CNC POM Piston Head
RCC CNC Brass Cylider Valve
Shooters Design Stainless Steel Enhanced Recoil Spring 150%
Shooters Design Stainless Steel Valve Knocker
Shooters Design Steel Take Down Lever
Tanio Koba Hop Twist Inner Barrel

I appreciate any help you can give me. Cheers lads!

Hi & welcome :)

I would replace the recoil spring with a original (weaker) one and see what that does to the performance.

Also, the 'RCC Cylinder Valve', that's a sort of high-flow valve, right? Have you tried a original magazine without a high-flow valve? I have a TM G17 with a steel kit that did the same thing (weak slide movement) with a high-flow valve magazine in it, but it works fine with a standard valve/mag :)

I followed your advice and tried an original recoil spring but that wasn´t it.

RCC Cylinder Valve appears to be a floating valve in the BBU (I had to google it).

I too have a Glock (TM G17) with a steel slide, albeit modified to take CO2 like a champ, and at first I had a similar problem with it. I took it to a tech and I believe he replaced the piston and then it started cycling properly.

Any other ideas? :)

I wonder if the RCC came with its own spring, or if it's standard.

When doing this type of troubleshooting, always best to go back to all-stock internals, and work from there.

If you want to experiment with rocket valves, you might have a look at Poseidon Ice Pick. 

Check your valve knocker lock...do you know how to function check it? My guess is, all the internal upgrades threw the timing off and the knocker lock is no longer allowing the knocker to retract at the correct point of the blowback cycle. As a result, way too much gas is allowed to be released per shot.

• 3 months later...

The problem was with the nozzle internals that the previous owner had installed. I never bothered to troubleshoot it any further and installed a stock nozzle with stock internals from a donor P226 that I had and left it at that. I have skirmished it a few times and I´m pretty happy with the current setup.

My first thought is that the seal between the nozzle (the cylinder that moves back and forth) and the piston head (rubber inside the nozzle) doesn't have a tight enough fit. Meaning when gas goes in the nozzle it doesn't seal properly and you get a lot of gas leaking out around the sides, resulting in weak blowback and heavy gas usage.

Getting a new piston head for it should help. Sometimes different brands of piston heads, even if they say for TM 226 will work differently in whatever nozzle it is so it's a bit of trial and error.

The second thing that it could be along the same lines since replacing the blow back unit helped, is a sticky nozzle. Pretty much the opposite of what I describe above. Either the nozzle itself is binding in the blowback housing or the nozzle is too tight of a fit on the piston head.

:o

Very difficult to diagnose and/or help properly without having the stuff in front of you.

If you have the blowback unit, nozzle and piston head outside of the gun you can kind of test fit and function by moving the nozzle back and forth in the blowback unit. Also having the nozzle forward on the piston head and covering the gas route rubber hole (bottom hole on nozzle) with your finger and blowing air in through the front tells you if there is a good seal or not :P 

Archived