Ehobby To Close the #1 Airsoft shop in Asia.

The Insider

Nothing official has actually been released yet... so I could be talking out my behind...lol.
But I have to twist arms for information about it... so seems legit.  
It's not like information from torture, that lead to dropping bombs has ever been wrong...  has it.. ?  :rolleyes:

So just a little intell to add for locals and is that its new location is not near any MTR (Trains) station so a be of a nuisance for those using the most common form of public transport here.

Although, in years to come a new station planed on the coming Sai kung Line will be closer.  but when and how close obviously are yet to be seen.

Ehobbyasia Closing the #1 Airsoft shop in Asia....

Whatever...

to open a new store on the other side of town

... whatever :)

Their useless discount program with reward points which expiring after some time pretty much closed my business with them. And those search issues were just the final drop.

• 2 weeks later...

One side effect of this sale is there inventory is getting way out of wack as the shop selves are being emptied.

Instead of just a little out of wack normally.  lol.

3 times now I've gone to buy stuff the website says are instock... but found them all gone instore.  :(
although this might be more painful for online orders as you might have to deal with there CS to get it resolved.
but there's still some mint bargains to be had... with a little digging and I'm not leaving empty handed... just empty wallet. lol

this might be more painful for online orders as you might have to deal with there CS to get it resolved.

Their solutions are either useless for the buyer or fall too short as compensations.

I thought I got a sweet deal on 3x KSC MP9 gas magazines at 20% off but was then informed they were out of stock and got a refund...

Same exact thing happened with RWA March sale where I ordered 3 WE AK74UN mags at 15% off, also told out of stock and refund.

Get the feeling they don't like selling mags at discounts :P

I literally went through the entire webshop looking for things I wanted. Most things were out of stock as expected (although I was actually after very few items) so I only ended up with the 3 mags mentioned above (which I won't be getting...), 3x packs of APS CAM870 waddings at 20% off and a MadBull Hitman chrome compensator for the 1911 series. lol :P

Not exactly worth the effort of browsing through the entire friggen store.

• 7 months later...

Apparently it was due to rent. Thing is eHob's old and giant shop used to be in a basement of a pretty shoddy shopping center in an area with little to no customer traffic, then their shop moved in and was extremely busy, it was an awesome place. I bet the landlord was like "Oh, there's more traffic now, let's increase the rent!" Without realising eHob was the reason, and forced the golden goose out by getting greedy. 

Archived