Tokyo Marui M40A5

Hatchet

So Marui have just previewed their upcoming M40A5.

Clearly this requires a new thread for wild speculation about what it will be like (with no objective basis or evidence for any conclusions) and at least one argument between the Pro and Anti TM factions. Shall we begin?

02.jpg

Not the biggest photo, but is that another rotary hop up wheel on the underside?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the body will be the usual ABS rather than FRP or anything flash, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Magazine placement suggests another convoluted loading system. However, close up of mag below seems to indicate it's not the identical blade loading ala L96.

07.jpg

As for price? I'll guess around £240 with a release of later this year.

I *DO* need a M40 of some description and it was going to be the ASG, this throws a spanner in the works.

Pros for the ASG, there's a kit by ASG to get a stronger spring in there so no worry g about compatibility.

Interesting that the magazine is steel, I didn't know marui had steel haha

It's nice to see they also implemented the cocking indicator and preventing the bolt handle from being turned down when cocking.

as per video its slated for summer release and price is still not determined apparently...

Well all their next-gen metal mags had steel outer shell. Guess it's just easy to foam and cheap as far as sheet metal goes. 

Does short pull mean it could be bad news for US not Japanese users? Considering most people would want to upgrade this to sniper level power, and shorter pull just means a beefier spring to get the same power? 

He definitely said "around summer" in the video, which could include fall I guess we'll see

Oh also I forgot to note but they are looking to include a different bipod and scope with the gun (and he's talking about it like they're included as a set) so we might see a correct optic and bipod before release

Archived