Stratos BBU series

volante

a few pics of the BBU, route buckings, and buffer installed. Plus, now that im on my computer, i'll reembed my youtube vids.

IMG_20170519_012822_zpsucbf5vol.jpg

IMG_20170518_212006_zpspuccndtg.jpg

(volante on left, marui on right in both these pics)

IMG_20170519_013130_zpsbofniqh4.jpg

Buffer installed on my guide rod

Videos. First is with the Volante BBU, then with the stock BBU and upgraded recoil spring, then all stock with just the alu slide.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

It hit retailers now so I got mine in. Dropped in  a steel guarder build.  Hooked it to the air compressor and went ham.

Not sure how many cycles later, but id say 500, my hand hurts!  mother of blowback! 100% required part for heavy G series builds!

Is anyone interested in me doing a torture test to see how long before it fails?

( I was able to carefully tighten the screw down to secure the bbu without a spacer on top, but im impatient)

you'd only need the spacer if you have gas efficiency issues. Don't worry about trying to destroy it, just enjoy it. Its stronger than any other brand of BBU on the market, so its unnecessary to test like Siegetek Concepts gears.

I'm eyeing up the stratus for the marui 1911. They will be potentially going in to a couple of nova kits. I had the merlin and it was a nice piece of engineering. But the merlin is to heavy for the alu slide of the Nova frame.

guys by now you should know, if man made it, it will break in my hands. not bad for 1 day trial eh :o

the rocket valve snapped @ 800 rounds. GG was close. im hoping it was just a bad part. hopefully kim (or whoever) gets back to me fast as ill need a pile of them apparently. so back to guarder for now as I await to hear back on parts

for those curious: 95PSI compressor fed mag on stock WE valve.  I read they warranty the BBU for up to 213psi (15kgf) and 150% hammer spring so at this point im hoping it really is a bad part that I was lucky enough to get from redwolf...

stay tuned

Got warranty covered up and bought some spares while at it. Now we wait. Hopefully it was just a bad production valve.. it is 7075 alum after all hitting against plastic. odd it would snap. This is my 2nd rocket valve in all my airsofting that has failed. Usually its the nozzles and springs that go.

v happy with volantes comms.  after I get this batch in ill resume plinking and if im happy at the failure rate (or lack of) long term ill convert the rest of my glocks to that system. let you guys know as usual

Archived