What is on your vest/belt kit (regular skirmish)?

Beeingmyself

Everyone knows that feel - I carry one hicap now that hasn't been used I might add - attending the annual hosefest that is Ground Zero and spent the entire weekend digging in with my eyelids while groups of 20 hicap bastards sprayed at each other through hedges.

GZ has waaay too many people for the area (which is huge in theory but a bit smaller in practice) which is a shame. I don't really play woodland anymore but when I do Spec Ops bloxworth or Warminister Airsoft would be my choice

I've found the best counter for such asshattery is running with a trained/cohesive group of guys who can put the hurt on bb spammers. Sure, you'll lose some friendlies, but you can win through superior coordination and sheer aggression. A friendly MG or two is helpful as well.

Ah, but then you're just using a BB hose to combat a BB hose..

Unfortunately the only real way to combat this is to play at a site where hicaps / hosing is discouraged if not outright banned. If I ran a skirmish site I'd have a marshall by the game zone entrance "three star jumps please" - come back when you don't rattle ;)

Running a machine gun is a bit more refined than just simple hosing. Plus, with the size and weight of a proper support weapon, you can't perform the same "maneuver and spam" techniques of the guilty parties we all abhor.

I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a debate over the relative merits of airsoft support gun use. I think I've written enough on that topic. :)

I think no over kill rules improve the standard of play a lot, both in terms of taking away the irritating, no skill advantage of high-cap spamming, and because it means people don't, you know, overkill. The fact is if you're spraying everything with dozens of rounds when you do hit someone you're going to absolutely rinse them (compounded by the fact that the 20 high cap brigade tend to be worst for high ROF, "it must be 350fps on the dot!!" gun set ups) which in turn just leads to *suitcasey*, bad tempered game play. I also think there's a definate psychological impact of carrying and firing a lot and not taking hits if it's only small numbers, i.e. if you think it's necessary to spam people to get hits then it isn't a big leap to start ignoring the odd 2 and 3 hits on yourself. By and large I think keeping full auto bursts bellow 2 seconds works well, if you're not going to hit someone with that many rounds, you're not going to hit them, period. If you are going to hit them then firing for longer means you're going to hit them perhaps 50-70 times depending on the range and ROF which most people are going to be less than happy about. I'm not against high caps so much as I'm against over kill. I think I changed over to mid caps because I hate high cap rattle, not being able to carry as much ammo then improved my standard of play.

To keep this post a bit on topic, I just got an IMI PX4 holster and a very nice bit of kit it is too! Attaches to the smersh easily, keeps my side arm secure yet accessible!

4-5 years ago 3 midcaps were fully enough... nearly never shooting full auto (just when seriously outnumbered)...

Sadly nowdays nearly 1 midcap/kill, nearly can't remember when shooting single auto (except CQB), even in winter when no leafs result far contacts. I solve it easily when high-cap allowed (I carry one "penalty" high cap, I use it contra "terminators"). When no high cap allowed, on those "notorius" games, I have to carry my G3 LMG. :( Usally allowed to load magazines just on the HQ, or at some mobile ammo boxes...

I also plan to buy more magazines (5 midcap, instead of 3), but that's nonsense... sometimes nearly tragicomic (there are some suspicious sounds and behavior of hit)...

To contribute on topic.

My usual loadout is an FAPC with 4 MP7 mags across the front, a Costa style thigh rig with another 3 on it and one in the gun.

On the belt itself is a holster, dump pouch, 2 bfgs, 2 spare pistol mags.

For woodland I will substitute the bfgs for a radio.

Oh, and it's all GBB so it weighs a ton.

My self and most of the team I run with have recently turned our backs on the uber leet modern kit we were running (became disinterested in the whole load out) and have gone back a few decades with our kit and Gatt's . I'm now using either a TM recoil dressed like an xm177 or an L1A1 F1 and a browning hi-power . With the armalite I'm running a jungle set up on a roll-pin belt with SAS slings , a pair of 58 drop mag pouches , 58patt pistol holster , two 44patt water bottles one utility pouch with my radio in it , a 58 machete pouch and an altimeter/compass pouch . With this set up I carrie6 82 round mids and depending on duration I mite carry my speed loader if needed .

With the the L1A1 I run a 58 belt , left and right mag pouch's , Northern Ireland stock rest pouch , single mag drop pouch and a binoculars pouch with my radio in it . Mag wise I'm carrying severn 70 round mids , and a gain a speed loader if necessary.

As to the sub-discussion on 'plastic hosing' since I've changed direction I'm prity much gone exclusively single shot , if I get taken out by a hi-cap monkey so be it I'm not that bothered it's only a game ! BUT when I take HIM out with my single shots I know who's got the 'well earned' Airsoft smug face !

I'm trying to have a standard load out for all weekend events, I use this at skirmishes to practice using it.

Rig

2 impact bfgs

Leather man

750ml of water

4 mags(mids)

2 speedloaders(full)

Radio, radio battery(spare)

Headset

Ir strobe

M79 pirate gun and tag launcher

Strip clip with spare blanks

Compass

Belt

Utility with anti fog, chocolate, rehydration sachet

Timed bfg

Utility pouch with bfg reload and reload tool, decent snacks, tag round.

Dump pouch

Pockets

2 buffs

Beanie hat

Head torch

Note pad

Pen

Bag of bbs

Map

If at a weekend event, I think I'll be out for longer, I have a sore pouch from a Bergan I use as a day sack for water etc

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8 drum magazines and a 11.1v lipo....

in reality a backpack and a chest rig with 4 large and 2 small pouches, loadout depends on what gun im using;

M4 - 3 Satan worshipping chid murdering hi capacity magazines, however they do last me most of the day, i normally get through 3 and one refill. One radio. Tactical Nature Valley bar in pistol mag pouch

MP5 - 9(!) midcaps (my eyes have been opened, midcaps are brilliant fun) which fit in three pouches, radio. 

SR25 - only have the one magazine for it and i'm on my front mostly so very little, if i even take it.

AKS74U - the two hicaps that came with it, will invest in some mids. 

Backpack contains spare ammo, water, sidearm (havent got a decent belt for my holster yet), alternative eye protection and spare batteries. 

• 3 weeks later...

Using my RPK I carry six magazines on my chest rig, six on my battle belt, two jungle taped together in the gun, an AK bayonet on my shoulder strap, a radio in one of my pouches, and extra battery and multi tool in another, and a couple of water bottles in my cargo pockets. Need to get a camelback. Also carry my WE G18 or KWA ATP in the map pocket on my chest rig if I can be assed.

Using my AKM or AK105, I carry the same thing, minus the battle belt. Still haven't put together a kit for my MK17. Here's a pic.

rMeH63O.jpg

I always have this on me whether it's a plate carrier setup or a chest rig or even belt rig only (which is when I secure it to the rifle's sling) 

A1%2Bq8Oq1EwL.-SX522-.jpg

A cheap little USB charged red / white light called the Quiqlite X, I've sprayed it all tactic00l tan which has had a nice worn effect from use, it's served me really well for over 4 years, whether it's long overnight games or just quick indoor CQBs, sometimes you just need that little bit of light for something and this puts just enough lumen not to complete announce to everyone where you are, but bright enough for you to see what you need to do in unexpected pitch blackness. 

Archived