What is on your vest/belt kit (regular skirmish)?

Beeingmyself

Pistol

mags for primary and pistol*

ways to reload mags (BBs, speedloader, gas)

that's it.

*Depending on what gun I'm using I carry very different loads.

For my AK, I carry 3x150 round mags and one in the gun. Because I only have 3 pouches suitable for ak mags and use another mag pouch for a 5.56 style speedloader.

For SA80, 4 highcaps totalling 1500 rounds and just have a pistol-mag style speedloader to load the pistol mags.

If I'm running a shotgun I'm usually playing CQB and will fill the belt up with pistols. I've been known to carry more than 5 at any one time.

Chest Rig:

6 5.56 mags or 4 7.62 mags depending on the primary.

Hydro pouch

Spare batteries

Radio

Belt:

1 primary mag

2 pistol mags

Pistol

Rubber knife

BBs

Speed loader

Multi tool

Roll of tape

5.56, plate carrier with 6-8 mag pouches, utility pouch for bangs, and radio.

7.62, chest rig with 4-8 mag pouches, utility for bangs and comms.

Hydro pouch for both too.

I'll run a battle belt when my pistol works, with 4 mag pouches for that, but tbh I don't bother with one really.

Plate carrier

3x Primary Mags (+1 in the weapon)

2x Pistol Mags

Hydro Pouch

Map Pouch

Belt

Pistol + 2 Mags

2x Primary Mags

1x BFG

1x Impact BFG

Dump Pouch

Running a GBB Primary I actually tend to use the pistol more than I thought I would, especially in CQB. But that may be in part to my not-so-slick reloading drills! :rolleyes:

I can always ditch either the belt or the plate carrier and run a more lightweight load as I have a basic setup on both, which is handy.

Depends on indoor or outdoor:

Outdoor: 58 belt and yoke with pistol holster and four pistol mag pouches (gives me two VSR mags and two pistol mags). Gives me 90 shots in the rifle and 69 or 60 in the pistol.

Indoor: Either double mag pouch or a pair of 1911 mag paddle holders and either a generic holster or a leather 1911 one. Depends if taking a 1911 or one of my other pistols, gives me about 100 shots on a 1911 and 70-80 for the rest.

'FireKnife'

Battlebelt/webbing combination:

5 x midcaps and 1 x hicap (hicap rarely used and only deployed to one-up hicap heros)

1 x glock mag

tool bag/admin with 2 x smoke, 1 x 90rnd UGL and spar blank 9mm

1 x BFG

glock

Carried is 1 x midcap in rifle, 1 x 90rnd UGL.  I'll add a chest rig with a further 3 x UGL, 1 x glock mag and 8 more midcaps. Then if it's exceptionally busy/long game a breacher and a second pistol get added to the chest rig.

• 4 weeks later...

My equipment depends on the impression I'm doing as well as the mission profile.

DA/CQB: using a Paraclete SOHPC or RAV

8 rifle mags + 2 on the gun, 2 pistol mags + 1 in the gun, 4-6 Thunder B grenades, 3,000 bagged rounds + speedloader, 3 spare batteries, 2-3L water

Recce: using an ops vest and claymore bag

12 rifle mags + 2 on the gun, 2 pistol mags + 1 in the gun, 2 smoke grenades + 4 Thunder B grenades, 3,000 bagged rounds + speedloader, 3 spare batteries, 1L water

Low vis/light recce: using a NI chest rig and claymore bag

6 rifle mags + 2 on the gun, 1 pistol mag + 1 in the gun, 4 Thunder B grenades, 3,000 bagged rounds + speedloader, 3 spare batteries, 1L water

Machine gun: using an ops vest

16,000 bagged rounds + 1,000 on the gun, 2 pistol mags + 1 in the gun, 2 smoke grenades, 3 spare batteries, 1L water

This might seem like a bit much, but I can assure you that I find it necessary. I've returned to the safezone "black" on everything more than once after a game. My local field (Ballahack Airsoft) has consistently high player turnout, which definitely contributes to my ammo and ordnance expenditure. In addition, I am using TM lowcap magazines for my rifle, which I only load to 40 rounds or so.

• 1 month later...

I run a HSGI belt with 2 condor triple AK pouches and a dump pouch. I can mix up what I put in them, but but generally I run 6 Evo mid caps mags (2 per pouch), two 750ml  water bottles and a radio. I could fit a pistol holster on there as well, but I haven't yet. I keep extra ammo, lunch, more water and spare batteries for everything in a backpack at respawn.

If the back pack wasn't an option, I would swap the dump pouch for another triple AK pouch, and put my lunch, speed loader and bb's in that.

Something I will add is that I use the same loadout for skirmish and milsim. Having gone over to carrying a somewhat limited amount of ammunition for milsims, I haven't really found I struggle during regular skirmish days, even against people who carry far more ammunition loaded into magazines. I guess this is for two reasons, I've learned to pick shots and not to hose (which is good sportsmanship as much as anything) and I've found with the shorter game duration, I can just reload magazines between games at a skirmish. I've also found the more practical, weight saving kit selection I use at milsim games is generally preferable to carry and things like carrying a canteen of water is just sensible, espessially on a hot day where dehydration is an issue regardless of game type. I generally find that a quiet, stable rig that allows for going prone is a real plus, SSO smersh is really good for this. By limited ammunition I mean around 600 rounds loaded into magazines, plus a pistol, I also carry an ammo bag and speed loader in case that does run low though that's fairly rare during a game.

Yeah I mean for milsim games a compromise is made between limited ammo and the fact that airsoft ammo is a lot lighter but has much, much lower penetration than real ammo. In fairness I see fewer players carrying a dozen high caps in ordinary skirmishes these days, the advent of the reliable mid cap has been something of a blessing.

I feel for you, scorch. Most everyone at my local site runs midcaps (aside from folks running rentals, of course).

It's just really frustrating. You spend time and money on a decent gun, more time and money getting it running reliably enough to place shots, even more of the same getting the right gear to carry the mags to feed the thing... and then some pleb with a vest full of hicap mags uses their gun like a hosepipe and all your skill and technique is negated by an almost never ending stream of plastic.

It's just really frustrating. You spend time and money on a decent gun, more time and money getting it running reliably enough to place shots, even more of the same getting the right gear to carry the mags to feed the thing... and then some pleb with a vest full of hicap mags uses their gun like a hosepipe and all your skill and technique is negated by an almost never ending stream of plastic.

I've found the best counter for such asshattery is running with a trained/cohesive group of guys who can put the hurt on bb spammers. Sure, you'll lose some friendlies, but you can win through superior coordination and sheer aggression. A friendly MG or two is helpful as well.

Originally Arktis belt rig with home made X-harness, but I like it as mini-vest better.

One molle panel on my back (1 Fox Tactical molle buttpack plus 2 of it's molle "magazine" pouches).

One on my chest (1 Fox Tactical butt pack's "magazine" pouch, 1 SPOSN Makarov pouch, 2 plastic 7.62 ACM Fast pouch, 1 Fox admin pouch, 1 Arktis radio pouch on X-harness). I use malice clips, and kydex holster base to fix them.

Only 3 midcap magazines (M14, SA58, STANAG AUG), or 4 (AKSU). I think in near future I will buy +2 for all of my assault guns. 1 Makarov, 1 Baofeng PMR, 1-2 US 1 lit' plastic canteens, Marui M4 mag BB-loader and some food. Arktis stowaway shirt and rubber golok, with home made holster on the right.

Now UK military-made nylon webbing material in transit to replace the seat belt harness (I want to be OD instead of black). All the vest OD-black.

Archived