Fallout 4 GBB Pipe Rifle

renegadecow

Sometimes, a man has to... oh, who am I kidding. I MADE A GUN OUT OF GARBAGE!!! I'm making the pipe gun in rifle form from Fallout 4 and the sad part is I haven't even built my new gaming rig to play the damn game yet! I'm using upright 1911 mags for a ".45 receiver" upgrade even though the in-game model makes no physical distinction between .38 or .45 receivers or magazines. So I left the original .38 magwell intact as a sort of legacy part and just plugged it up with a cover, but can be turned back into a more game accurate representation with the fake .38 mag put in its place.

First, I removed all the unnecessary bits. "But the mainspring housing, trigger and leaf spring are necessary." REMOVE ALL THE BITS!

IMG_7848.jpg

Stuffing what's left in a wooden receiver. Split in 3 parts (left, right, top) because there's no other way to put the guts inside.

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

Pipe receiver and slide converted to work like a bolt carrier.IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

New hammer strutIMG_7896.jpg

Redesigned MSH with the leaf spring exposed. I could have covered it, but it looks so damn awesome this way.

IMG_7897.jpg

Stock assembly. I wanted to do the pistol at first, but turned out to be impossible to wield.

IMG_7908.jpg

Side magwell and some kind of metal... thing.IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

BarrelIMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

Receiver plateIMG_7921.jpg

Sights. I had to make them taller as the one in the game had the same sights for pistol and rifle which are impossible to use in rifle form.IMG_7923.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

Magwell cover for when using .45 magsIMG_7925.jpg

Cosmetic .38 magazine for display purposes only.IMG_7926.jpg

Almost done rifle in .38 and .45 configurations. GI wire reinforcement will come after all the paint and weathering work.IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

And a test video from when I got all the internals working properly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my word that is amazing, I'll show my wife again later she is going to love this..

You have done an amazing job mate you should be proud of that, can say enough how cool I think that is and I'm not into fallout but Dam that's impressive..

Oh as for the haters they are just jealous because they don't have the skill to do what you have done..

I want to see how accurately it fires now and I want one lol..

ATB Marc

Archived