5 years later...which is the best GBBR?

gunnermaniac

Just finished building a g&p challenge kit for a friend and OMG, the quality of the internals are *suitcase*!! The difference in quality between the quality G&P steel parts and the "woc x" parts, even the skull frog recevier is *suitcase*, and I know now why people had problems with the charging handle, the woc x charging handle is made of pot metal! It works ok after mods (a load) but I would say the pot metal internal parts will break in no time at all. I was wondering why it was so cheap, I now know. It's a pity because I'm sure a lot of people bought these kits and are having problems.

Update: buffer lock just failed after about 200 bbs through it, the buffer lock is made of the worst metal ever! Lucky as I have a few steel buffer locks spare, but OMG!! Also the hammer is showing signs of wear and the bolt stop is defo going to break. Also the bolt cycles really poorly without the bearing hammer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just adding my 2 cents to this:

Right now, I think I qualify as a total WE fanboy as it comes to GBBRs.

My current collection:

416 (was closed bolt, changed to open bolt). Great gun, need a new hop rubber (Nineball purple) and a NPAS to keep the power at useable level. In the spring/summer it works on 144A.

G36C One of my primary skirmish guns. Only changed hop rubber (Nineball purple again) Runs on 144A or bog standard grenngas in autumn/winter. Scares the out of the opposition with the noise :)

M14 More of a collector's item. Too big and too beautiful for my kind of game, good base for a DMR.

SVD even bigger than the M14. another great DMR.

MP5A2 the new toy, great for CQB and some shorter range brush games, the 3 round burst is very welcome at times.

So far I haven't found any of the issues regarding parts breaking, only problems were with some of my V1 M16 mags.

WE has a very nice line-up of guns, and they seem to be making an effort quality wise.

IMHO, GHK comes second, and WA system guns a distant third.

:)

That's pretty cool but I don't see how it wins any real world points in this discussion :P

I would definitely do that with one of my GBBRs. But then right after I would have to take it all apart and clean it and hand dry it :D 

Had a shoot out today between my woc, we g36 , we ak74u, we acr, ksc mp7, we scar l, kwa kriss and my buddy's new woc x. The woc with steel parts worked just as well if not better then my WE's, the woc x was , the kriss vector and kwa mp7 worked the best !

Sorry for the double post but I'll do a video comparison one of these days, just need to get my crono back from a buddy and I'm good to go. Really want to show how good my WOCs works against the WEs I have, I'm going to take the plunge soon and get a GHK as I know it's the best system ATM along with the marui m4.

EDIT: Number 1 atm looks like Tanio Koba (KJW) M4

crickets when you mention the TK KJW. That platform seems to have lost the momentum it once had though it was, If I remember correctly, the undisputed king of out-of-the-box reliability and performance at one time. My gut tells me it is still (at the very least) a contender but has given way to the sexiness of cerakote(sp?) and steel internals. I also don't think KJW is adept at marketing their products.

As an aside, PTS Syndicate had shown an awesome looking bunch of GBBRs at Shot-Show. They are OEM-ed by KWA which may mean they are actually rebranded KSC's, but if they perform anything like they look they could be worth a nod. Not sure what PTS's record is in bringing concepts to market, though.

EDIT: Number 1 atm looks like Tanio Koba (KJW) M4

crickets when you mention the TK KJW. That platform seems to have lost the momentum it once had though it was, If I remember correctly, the undisputed king of out-of-the-box reliability and performance at one time. My gut tells me it is still (at the very least) a contender but has given way to the sexiness of cerakote(sp?) and steel internals. I also don't think KJW is adept at marketing their products.

As an aside, PTS Syndicate had shown an awesome looking bunch of GBBRs at Shot-Show. They are OEM-ed by KWA which may mean they are actually rebranded KSC's, but if they perform anything like they look they could be worth a nod. Not sure what PTS's record is in bringing concepts to market, though.

I imagine it being something having to do with its largely proprietary nature.

Pmags work great!! But want some co2 mags, the g&p ones are discontinued. Iv seen videos of the ghk co2 mag working and most retailers say is for the wa system and the routers look the same, but just wanted to make sure. Think I'm going to get a GHK!!

They barely work. Valve stem too long so u gotta make sure hammer is back every time you insert it. Magazine too wide so u gotta do a lot of filing to either make the mag well wider or magazine thinner. Mag catch notch too far aft so you gotta cut the notch a bit more forward. And full auto just doesn't work due to the absence of a valve lock integrated on the magazine. Nothing you can do about that.

I did but they are fan boys, I wanted bad feed back as well as good, they say it great but I don't like the fact that the charging handle and forward assist are for the WE, makes me think this recevier is built with WE spec and changed last minute to fit GHK. Just going to wait till a nice recevier comes out as the stock GHK ones are ugly!! And esthetics is very important to me, that's why I usaly go for WA system.

I did but they are fan boys, I wanted bad feed back as well as good, they say it great but I don't like the fact that the charging handle and forward assist are for the WE, makes me think this recevier is built with WE spec and changed last minute to fit GHK. Just going to wait till a nice recevier comes out as the stock GHK ones are ugly!! And esthetics is very important to me, that's why I usaly go for WA system.

Runinworkshop(iirc)

Any trades you want according to nugentgl.

Archived