What is the preferred brand of lowcaps/midcaps nowadays?

ardrummer292

TL;DR -

I need new magazines that feed fast and will last a long time. What magazines do you recommend?

Long version -

I've been a TM fanboy for quite awhile. As such, when it came time to replace my pile of worn-out M4 magazines a couple years ago, I opted for a load of TM 68rd lowcap magazines. I've always liked TM magazines because of their seemingly indefinite service life. While the TM mags could never keep up with my Krytac on fullauto, I didn't care. Semiauto is all I ever use and the feeding was flawless. I did have an issue with the innards being ripped out of the metal shell during reloads, but filling the shell with Liquid Nails to secure the innards sorted that out.

As of a few weeks ago, it seems the mags are starting to show their age. I'm now having intermittent feeding issues on semiauto. Every other shot is a dry fire with 12 of my 18 magazines, which doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when breaching a building. I have experienced this intermittent feeding issue on guns both with and without a sector chip installed.

I've always been very careful not to leave my magazines loaded for any more than 48 hours. In addition, I have made it a habit to clean and lubricate them two or three times a year. They've been used very hard, but never intentionally abused.

My replacement magazines must feed quickly and have a long service life. What do you recommend?

I'm not sure if MAG have changed production recently but there mags have been problematic in a friends RIFs. His older ones were so much better.

I've got some CYMA 190rd metals and they seem pretty decent for being abused over the last 3 years.

Thanks for the recommendations, all. Keep them coming.

Does anyone have experience with metal MAG midcaps? They're my current top pick, especially since regular STANAG mags work the best for most of my kits.

They work well.

A bit heavy..but have a proven track record.

Provided you are getting the oily ones and not others.  FYI...MAG does NOT make their own mags any more.

They work well.

A bit heavy..but have a proven track record.

Provided you are getting the oily ones and not others.  FYI...MAG does NOT make their own mags any more.

How is the break-in process? Are there any modifications I should perform out of the box? How long do you reckon they'll last?

I'm not terribly concerned about weight. My TM lowcaps, filled with Liquid Nails, are likely heavier than any other AEG magazine.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived