WE Colt 9mm SMG GBBR

Brigg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VIDEO TIIIIIME. Its finally working more or less reliably. the tp of the new nozzle broke off almost immediatly, so I cut a notch in the nozzle and pressed in a new loading tip made from what I believe s harder aluminum. If that doesnt hold up, Ill make a steel loading tip and pressfit that in instead.

First vid got cut off early before I was finished, so i took a second. but at that point I'd dumped half the mag so its a little more sluggish in the second vid.

Edit:Oh and if anyone was wondering, no the bolt catch doesnt work pon this. when its empty the follower stops the nozzle like on the kwc uzi.

second video:

It would be very easy yeah, except I can't figure out what threading it is. Ive measured it with gauges and can't seem to find any threads out there that match the measurements. So unless someone knows what they are already, I'm kinda stumped.

I've never liked the look of ARs with glock mag adaptors. The back angled mag just looks wrong. I had toyed with the idea of a kwa mac11 mag conversion as a fallback if this didn't work, but it seems unnecessary at this point.

Edit: so I thought it had bad efficiency originally, but after a test with a fresh capsule, it turns out I was mistaken.

It easily went through 2 and a half mags firing on semi auto with no pauses other then refilling the nag with BBs, and clearing one or two jams.

I think it would have gotten to 3 mags on one capsule, but the grub screw that holds the nozzle together came out and it separated so I had to stop and reassemble it (that will be glued when it's finished). I'm more then happy with that performance though. I'm going to test it on full auto later.

It would be very easy yeah, except I can't figure out what threading it is. Ive measured it with gauges and can't seem to find any threads out there that match the measurements. So unless someone knows what they are already, I'm kinda stumped.

Swatti, a user on here, has made similar adapters for his for refillable CO2 - which is a much better idea than refillable propane - and I'll be doing the same for mine. According to him M22x1.5 is what you're looking for.

Really, that last test I did got 95 or so rounds from one c02 firing just under 300 fps (I'm going to try to increase this to 350) and it didn't even run out. So I'm not sure I really need to fill it from a bottle.

I'll probably pick up one of those dies though to play around with green gas.might be useful for when I'm out of co2 capsules.

The key advantage to bottle feeding isn't the increased gas capacity (although that's useful) but the lower cost - both financially, since 12g CO2 capsules are much, much more expensive than bulk-buying CO2 in paintball-style bottles, and environmentally, since you're not dumping bags full of indestructible capsules in landfill every time you play. The other key advantage is that you can refill the magazine every time you reload it with BBs - which means you don't have make the unappetising choice between changing the capsule (wasting half of the previous capsule) to make sure you'll be able to fire every BB from the reloaded magazine, and not changing the capsule meaning you'll likely run out of gas halfway through the reloaded magazine.

To give a brief example of pricing, in London I can get a 6.35kg CO2 refill for £18.80. To buy the same amount of CO2 in 12g capsules (530 capsules) would be the thick end of £200 - literally ten times the price.

I think he meant where you were able to buy magazines without buying the entire gun as well.

Maybe they will seeing as it's in stock, why sell a gun if you have no mag's for it?

If not they may know where or can get them seeing as they sell the gun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's all moot anyway, the co2 mags are working fine now. Now the only real issues are with nozzle alignment, and loading arms that keep wearing down.

I made a steel loading arm for it now and hopefully that will last. Now it's just getting the length just right for the gas bucking and nozzle to sit right.

No I havent. Im not really that big on facebook, really.I use it very rarely.

Oh and I realize I never showed the finished mag well blocks, so here those are.

post-80387-0-55522100-1468032296_thumb.jpg

post-80387-0-27688200-1468032306_thumb.jpg

I used screws instead of pins just cause theyre easier to remove.

Archived