TM & KJ Beretta inner barrel cut and hop-up

mimesis

On the TM and KJW M9/92fs series, I know there is a completely different barrel cut and bucking system.  I've also observed on the KJ inner barrel two vertical cuts on the sides, about a quarter of the way down the barrel, that accommodate raised ribs on both sides of the inside of the hop-up unit.  The TM inner barrel doesn't have these.  If you take an after-market TM inner barrel and create those cuts, will it otherwise fit a KJ hop-up unit?  Is the rest of the arrangement of the barrel/hop-up/bucking the same?  Will a TM 92 bucking fit a KJ hop-up?  Etc. etc.

There's effectively two series of KJW hop units/barrels for M9/92f/etc, one which replicates the original TM fixed hop and a later one of KJW's that is adjustable via a grub screw beneath the chamber (in the exploded parts diagrams, the new adjustable version has parts nos in the 80s series rather than single figures).  If you have a look at some exploded diagrams online, you'll see the difference.

It's been a while, but I think the newer KJW hop unit also used a VSR-style hop rubber, rather than the original TM/KJW cloned 2-part fixed hop chamber/bucking arrangement. 

So TM parts should work with older KJW (i.e. fixed hop) but not the newer versions (KJW adjustable).

And the only thing with the new TM M9A1 should be the VSR bucking with newer KJWs.........

• 2 weeks later...

Archived