Concealed carry!

Alias1983

Snip....

Another thing, what if I don't have a chance to draw and I'm the first "prisoner" and they find a gun on me.

No point in giving them another chambered gun.

Snip...

At that point its moot if its chambered or not.  Bad guy will have two guns or one real "loaded: gun for sure.  

How you carry is finally your choice....just that this method of carrying is dated and not ideal in the whole point of carrying.  Unless...your packing a Hi-Point or a "Saturday Night Special".  Then...yeah...leave that chamber unloaded or it might go off when you fart.

But, if its a Glock...you should carry it chambered.

How you carry is finally your choice....just that this method of carrying is dated and not ideal in the whole point of carrying.  Unless...your packing a Hi-Point or a "Saturday Night Special".  Then...yeah...leave that chamber unloaded or it might go off when you fart.

But, if its a Glock...you should carry it chambered.

Regrettably not all of us can. Here it's forbidden to carry with a round chambered :/

• 2 weeks later...

Carried a G26 for short period of time but shell cases would come back and hit me smack in the forehead. Very disconcerting! Had a P7M8 and loved it, but was really too heavy at times (shot like a laser). My favorite "small pistol" was a SIG P225. What a nice pistol. Shot very well with it. Wish I didnt have to let it go. The same could be said for the Detonics MC-1.

For a larger sized pistol for late fall and winter (when we are pretty heavily bundled up here), I used a Colt Combat Commander or a Browning Hi-Power.

Favorite small frame revolver is a Ruger SP101 in .357 and 3 inch barrel. Stronger than the S&W's and you can disassemble Ruger revolvers very easily.

Favorite Medium frame revolver is the Ruger Security Six with 4 inch barrel in .357.. Always on the look for the 9mm Speed Six.  

• 2 weeks later...

Did you really liked the Glock "auto safety"? I have the g21 and would never feel confident with it chambered in any kind of holster that does´t protect the trigger.

My bet should go for waist holsters to the 8 too, but if you feel uncomfortable sitting we have a problem.

If the problem is driving in dangerous areas, why not instal adequate glass and keep windows and door closed? so you will have plenty of safety inside your car and while the bad guy breaks the glass you reach the gun/speed the car.

For ccw I would´y go neither for a revolver, OK they are less prone to failure as they have 6 chambers and this and that, but the first C is lost on a wheel gun mainly due to the size of the wheel.

If we talk about drive+gun and about CCW let us say that USUALY you will have to react to something OR you will "dismount" and react. For the first option CCW means the bad guy is not expecting danger from you, so a close situation were you should depict some kind of distraction and go for the gun. That is why many have the gun ready to fire in the glovebox or something like that: speak, hand for the wallet in it and... surprise.

For this purpose I should advice in favor of a shoulder holster (useless for any other situation except coolness factor and films) with plenty of training as you are going to fire not watching the bad guy, you spin looking for the requested item (phone, wallet, toy pennis...) and present your back, any harmless than that? to make the first (and hope last) shot backwards.

I am left handed too, so would face the same problem and the only advice I can give to you: train your right hand too, in the last ear I may have shoot 3 times more anmo right handed than left handed to get more or less same accuracy. 

Finally,a question to the americans, what is so interesting about a small 357 cannon? can´t you say 45acp is powerful enough to fix a guy on the site? we have a guy in the range that uses to present any newcomer with a 500s&w try for the laughs, but he uses it just to scare them no more.

• 1 month later...

.357 is actually fairly mild and not something I'd consider to be a hand cannon.

For all the hype, when I pulled the trigger on my first S&W PC .357 I was left extremely disappointed.

There was no Earth shattering kaboom. It felt, and sounded similar to a 115gr 9mm round. It was a complete let down of an experience. Firing .38s out of it was pathetic, and reminded me of the report of an anemic Nagant Revolver.

My Uzi throws 124gr 9mm rounds at .357 velocities out of it's 10.3" barrel. Once I realized that I realized that there was absolutely nothing to the larger calibers. It's all marketing.

But it's a moot point. If you're carrying at all you should be carrying the pistol that offers the highest capacity in a concealable package. Handgun rounds are notoriously poor man stoppers and shot placement plays a far greater role than the size, energy, and velocity of the round. More rounds on target gives you a greater chance of hitting something vital and stopping the threat.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived