what aimpoint ring is this

Agent Orange

I have a G&P Aimpoint Comp M2 replica and the included red dot ring makes it sit a little too high for my liking.  I've seen the pictured ring a lot on the internet (with real aimpoints) and I was wondering does anyone know what real steel brand makes it and if there's an airsoft replica (specifically with the two screws on the top of the ring and a low mounting profile)? Thanks!

10266-3.jpg?1462105033

In the world of RS, I think Larue particularly favors that fixture with two screws at the top.  But I don't think they make a mount that low.  Various generic ACMs do, though.

Warne scope mount rings (pair) also come pretty close.

Thank you Dj, I'm curious how it works out.  For me, I'm mounting it to a real steel ARMS claw mount on my MP5, and the spacing of the rails means I need a ring with one locking slot while the tiger111 mount has two.  Larue does make similar mounts but not the one pictured, which I'm guessing must be out of production since Google has yet to turn up anything.  

IMG_9609.jpg

Another picture showing the single mounting screw/rod thingy at the bottom

DSCF2686.jpg

Wierd, at rainbow8 some of the thumbs has only one screw and others two.

it would be better if you asked the store before you order so you don't get the one with two screws. Rainbow8 is the one I would choose first, they answer pretty quickly and have good customer service.

Oh man this is why I love Arnies!  Thank you so much guys to all of you guys.  Blobface what a coincidence we were after the same thing, I have a VFC MP5A5 that I was thinking of using for a Sicario build but I switch gears for an early GIGN/SWAT look (see here).  So far this is what I've got.

Thanks dj and mimesis I'll look into the guarder mount.  Found another sight that has the single screw version:

http://www.airsoftadvantage.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_40_42&products_id=640&osCsid=l61kejtp9dvoicdhj6tcevg494

and the real thing seems to be available but with a wait time of a few weeks:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/551584-REG/Trijicon_TX14_30mm_Weaver_Ring_Mount.html

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TX14

Might be worth it to look into since the real thing is not much more expensive than the clone and I'm not in any rush.  Blobface I'm curious though did you get the real thing to fit with a airsoft Aimpoint replica?  I hope my G&P replica is not out of spec with a real aimpoint.

did you get the real thing to fit with a airsoft Aimpoint replica?  I hope my G&P replica is not out of spec with a real aimpoint.

I can't tell from experience whether this particular mount works with the G&P replica as I got a real one on mine, but in the past 30mm mounts generally work across the real / replica lines, I'd be very surprised if it didn't work with it, they also have a small amount of play for tolerance as wel (as it's two pieces clamping together, if it's slightly too big, it just means you'd have bigger gap between the two, if it's slightly too small, you can always tape up the optic) 

Thanks for all the help, It seems the two links I posted to the Trijicon version are not going to pan out.  Bhphoto updated their status to discontinued and I called Trijicon and they said they're page is incorrect and they don't have any more.  I'll probably go with the Guarder if I can't find it on ebay/auction sites.  Dj I contacted rainbow8 like you suggested, thanks.  

Mimesis the aimpoint ring was actually my second choice but I had a hard time justifying its cost and I like the look of the Trijicon one a little more.  Thanks again!

Archived