Looking for the best "stock" M&P with metal slide

Wingman

As the "G Series" pistols have pretty much dried up in the USA, I'm considering the purchase of a M&P.

I want a metal slide and outer barrel and it needs to be able to take a lot of shooting right out of the box as I'm not going to do any major up-grading of the pistol. It's going to be a shooter and not a display piece.

Trades are not of any great importance, but it must be built to take green gas or even CO2 as it comes from the factory. A decent hop, range and accuracy are also important.

Thanks for the assist

Probably not the answer you want to hear but Tokyo Marui makes the best M&P, plastic slide I know but for a additional 100 bucks you have a great metal kit. After that you have a world class pistol that's shoots great and will hold for ages. They have a ton of spare parts, upgrades and accessories.

The VFC (cybergun) M&P has nice externals with metal slide and barrel with correct markings but the internals kinda sucks and spare parts, upgrades and accessories are hard to find.

WE has a mediocre one with metal parts but no trades (if you don't find a HK3P which is almost impossible to find nowadays) the internals are ok but not better than that. Upgrades and spare parts are accessible but they are fading out.

I had a feeling this would be the case. Now to find one.

Interesting that there is no CO2 version worth buying out there. The pistol is so popular.

I've been using my ASG P09 with the C02 magazines and it's just so much more convenient than my green gas pistols and I like the power increase as well.

There's a KWC one (often branded cyberscum) that takes CO2, that is even more iffy than the VFC.  There's a "long" CO2 mag for the VFC that reportedly doesn't work.

My recommendation would be the same as komodo's.  There's lots of useful information here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213475-tokyo-marui-mp9/page-1

DJ summed it up nicely.

VFC/Cybergun M&P = Looks nice, would not trust it to be used much (as with all VFC pistols :( )

WE = Mediocre all around

TM + metal slide = The only one you can go with if you want something you can trust long term

But, if you just want a usable, acceptable pistol out of the box that probably will hold up and work, WE M&P works. Put a new TM VSR spec barrel and hop in it and accuracy should be pretty good.

Also WE M&P does have CO2 magazines available :D

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90_478_301&products_id=17074

And since WE M&P was first on the market there is decent aftermarket support and upgrade parts for it.

Why the fix on CO2?  Expensive to run, can't top off and wreaks your gun faster with no major power boost.

You can get the VFC/Stark/Cybergun model to shoot 360 with a longer barrel with no other mods needed.  And if you combo that wiht a Maple Leaf Packing you can hit 80 yards with it easy.

It is mocked up here and not that expensive either at 160.00 , plus it fires in FA if you thrown the switch.

And parts are not that hard to get as one may think.  You can use parts from other stark pistols.

Only CO2 version that you will want is the KWC one...

Archived