iCharger 106b NiMH settings

Lone_Bullet

That's the one, yes :).

I'm talking about the regular standard AA/AAA cells.

AA 2100, 2500 and 2650mAH

AAA 1000mAH

1,2v NiMH cells

I understand that...just what are you using those cells for?  For AEG needs they are totally insufficient for AEG use due to low voltage output under load.  

As stated, what you set the charger for is sole dependent on the specs of the pack.  Like this for example:

http://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/223.pdf

See the spec on what to set it for?

>>>?? ?? Standard 160mA(0.1C)×15hrs Charge ? ? Rapid 1600mA(1.0C)×1.1hrs<<<

Your charger looks like a rip of an Imax B6 so I'd imagine the menus are very similar. Have a look at the Imax manual below, instructions for Nimh begin on page 21. There are also other settings such as capacity cut off etc, but it's all in there.

'Form charging' - where did you get that term from or is it a translation issue?

Tom.

http://www.ittgroup.ee/files/IMAX_B6_manual.pdf

My AA's and AAA's are ofcourse for general use :). From bikelights to girly toys. No airsoft related except for flashlights.

Also, the Imax B6 was my previous charger and I upgraded to this one because I could. Imax B6 is a clone of the iCharger ;).

i don't charge NiCad nor NiMH packs anymore. I just thought I could use my expensive intelligent charger to charge my general use AA's instead of a dumb 10 dollar charger. They might last longer.

Problem is, my English isn't good enough to go trough the Loooooooong PDF read me to understand what limitations and setting I need to use for AA's and AAA's. I use a 4x and 6x battery holder.

So I made it easy on myself and got myself a PowerEx C9000.

Does all I want, easier and has 4 independent AA-AAA holders.

Awesome stuff!

Less awesome? most of my AA's are busted, according to this C9000.

Yay.

That is due to the dumb charger.  Most cells have 500 cycles in them.  But dumb chargers will knock that down to under 100 charges at best.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived