Repair in Norfolk for A&K SR-25

hoenderbiker

Hi,

I have an A&K SR-25, this gun has been a lemon from day one and has never been reliable.

I have got it sort of working, but have never been able to get the motor height set right (maybe the gear that meshes on to the motor is not shimmed right) but it either grinds or it is to tight and doesn't fire. When  it does fire it doesn't sound like well meshed gears.

I have tried fitting a sniper hand grip (for a change), but it is still the same. Needless to say the gear on the motor has a few chips out but should still work fine but if need to be replaced so be it.

I have given up trying to get this AEG running and need someone more technical than me to sort it out.

I couldn't be bothered try to ship it and would like to just bring it in to someone and get them to sort it out.

Is there anybody in Norfolk or Suffolk that I can bring it in for repairs (private or pro I don't care. no fix no pay). Someone I can drop it off with on a Saturday (cause I work during the week) and fetch it a couple of weeks later purring like a kitten (the SR-25 not me that is)?

I have tried emailing a few places but nobody responds (maybe email has gone the way of the fax and everyone facebooks now? Well I don't facebook).

Help!

Thanks.

Hoender.

It also helps to shortstroke them. Some guy on this forum, can't remember who, made spacers that went between the piston head and a Ver. 2 standard piston, which replaced the original long piston. You could probably google it. Then switch to normal ver. 2 gearset. This helped sort out a few issues for me, got rid of the grindy sound of the gears. 

The gears never meshed well for me no matter how I tried.

Archived