PTS Syndicate MegaArms CQB GBBR

DiscoBiscuit

Thats so true, well said! The WOC being a great exsample of that, I had great success (and still do) with my full steel wocs and know of so many who do to but so many that find them fiddley and troublesome (especially when mixing brands) and just can't get them to work consistently. I actually prefer my WOCs to my GHK as build quality is better on the WOCs IMO, they just have gas efficiency which doesn't really bother me to much. So one mans WOC can be another mans FWOC!!

That said I really like KWA of late, I have only got a couple of vectors and haven't seen a LM4 in the flesh but if their ARs are half as good as the vector I would be impressed. Also the mp7 is the best airsoft version available IMO.

The included fixed front and rear sights are decent but are for the most part there to tie people over till they decide what flip up sights to switch to. The new PTS flip up sights are pretty nice, but I'm partial to them as I was part of the development process.

why not include the PTS flip-ups that were in the Shot-Show videos? Those looked solid. And wondering what happened to the Centurion Arms rail from the videos?

why not include the PTS flip-ups that were in the Shot-Show videos? Those looked solid. And wondering what happened to the Centurion Arms rail from the videos?

They're in the process of being finished but the MKM CQB rifles were finished and needed to go out to dealers.

Which Centurion Arms rail are you referring to?

They're in the process of being finished but the MKM CQB rifles were finished and needed to go out to dealers.

Which Centurion Arms rail are you referring to?

Cool. Great work on everything either way. I think there was a 9inch Centurion rail on the CQB for the SHotShow videos. That's you in some of the videos, right?

There's a Mega Arms SBR which was the previous MKM but shorter: Mega Arms CQB

There's a Centurion Arms SBR which has a 10" C4 rail and a 10.5" barrel designed to look similar in style to the Mk18 platform. This was my idea and something I pushed hard for.

Both are SBRs with their respective company branding.

There's a Mega Arms SBR which was the previous MKM but shorter: Mega Arms CQB

There's a Centurion Arms SBR which has a 10" C4 rail and a 10.5" barrel designed to look similar in style to the Mk18 platform. This was my idea and something I pushed hard for.

Both are SBRs with their respective company branding.

I see, hope you pushed hard enough, the Centurion Arms version was the clear winner. Are there plans to release it?

Oh it's absolutely happening. The question is when. That's all down to Yih Kai factory capacity and jockeying for time in the queue since they work with so many customers. I can appreciate the elegance of the Mega Arms guns and how much work goes into them. But for me, I'm partial to the more military inspired guns.

The situation is similar to what happened with the Magpul ERG Scout. The execs wanted the gun to use the midlength MOE handguard and thus concluded it must use a 16" barrel. Around that same time, BCM's 14.5" midlength gas AR-15's were just starting to hit the market and I saw that's where the trend was going. I pushed hard for the ERG Scout to be a 14.5" midlength instead of 16" and eventually convinced them to do it (despite an incredible amount of resistance by everyone else except Allen). In retrospect everyone agrees it was the best decision for that platform at the time since the Scout sold out quickly and the ERG CQB took longer. Trends have since changed and the timing is perfect for the Centurion Arms Mk18-style SBR to come out. I just hope it's sooner than later.

Oh it's absolutely happening. The question is when. That's all down to Yih Kai factory capacity and jockeying for time in the queue since they work with so many customers. I can appreciate the elegance of the Mega Arms guns and how much work goes into them. But for me, I'm partial to the more military inspired guns.

The situation is similar to what happened with the Magpul ERG Scout. The execs wanted the gun to use the midlength MOE handguard and thus concluded it must use a 16" barrel. Around that same time, BCM's 14.5" midlength gas AR-15's were just starting to hit the market and I saw that's where the trend was going. I pushed hard for the ERG Scout to be a 14.5" midlength instead of 16" and eventually convinced them to do it (despite an incredible amount of resistance by everyone else except Allen). In retrospect everyone agrees it was the best decision for that platform at the time since the Scout sold out quickly and the ERG CQB took longer. Trends have since changed and the timing is perfect for the Centurion Arms Mk18-style SBR to come out. I just hope it's sooner than later.

I think you just killed the market for the Mega Arms version! Delete that post...Actually it looks pretty cool, would look better with flip-ups and some kind of slick optic and stubby fore-grip, though...maybe an Eotech with magnifier for a marketing pic with sights down (who needs co-witness)

Shot the PTS mega arms one. Pretty cool and smooth GBB. I don't like the twang to the recoil spring. I don't like the somewhat spongy trigger either. And the BC return could be faster (though i've seen worse).

The nozzle/cylinder is plastic, from what i gleaned. How long will it last with black gas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived