M4 GBBR - TM vs WE

Jeskai_the_Mighty

Ghk, if you think about it, you full steel out a we, you can get a ghk priced level gun.

Just the mag's are pricier but better because devilhunter mod.

We I would buy and replace with OEM parts, my pdw was more accurate than my rat m4a1 6.01 and ml75* bucking.

But I had issues with full auto in both guns, I think the hopup unit was not stable in both guns and caused BBS to get pushed past the patch.

Bolt lock was always an issue, if in field it's not bad because you got greater distance from the opp, and cover.

In cqb I counted rounds, if I forgot my count I reloaded.

We mag's are good but the co2 mag's were , mapp gas fixed many issues for cold outdoor games(we have hunting season so no winter games), propane was banned at the indoor so you want to use quality gg.

Always make sure the mag's warm up before filling, if I didn't I would get over gassed shots then weak shots and cold mag's and no gaming.

I'm no fan of tm anymore because they figure out ways to make a simple system more complicated than needed.

Also if you live in Japan buy the tm, if you live anywhere else buy something else.

I'm no fan of vfc or kwa because I think they are a bit overpriced for what you get.

I'd stay away from g&p(real g&p), ino, and vt; as nice as they are I don't think it's worth it.

Check out gasgunsinfo for more information about the failure rate and fixes.

Most we problems can be solved easy.

I'm waiting for ghk to make forged receivers instead of rat because their qc has gone down much in the last couple years.

I have 2 We M4 which I built. They can very clicky guns. As said parts are all over but they can fail very easily..bolt catch issue is annoying which is fixable but remember if you change one part on WE for Steel you need think how it will affect other parts.

TM GBB are good but you cant use any Real Steel parts with which sucks..and thier systems is very complicated..z system could of be simpler..

People say the TM is more complicated, yet I've had literally 0 issues running many rounds through my MWS. I also owned the ghk m4 (actually, owned 3 different ones, including a decked out RA tech spec'ed one) and overall, it's a good gun. The bolt catch will eventually wear and you will have to "hammer" it. Needless to say, I've sold all my GHK m4s and have entrusted the marui MWS and never looked back. i never had a GBBR this trouble-free out of the box. It will simply lock back, every single time and help reinforce my reloading drills... something i value importantly (im not even going to mention the performance of the marui as that is a given). Extremely consistent for a GBBR. The bolt of the marui will not slam forward as "realistically" as the GHK, but it's a minor thing. The GHK will recoil harder.

This is just my experience, having thousands of rounds through both platforms.

I am going to make an updated version of that video as there were some mistakes in it and there are better ways (see below).

But, shimming the catch with AEG shims, reshaping the bolt catch for more throw, clipping a coil off of the spring and adding a 1.5mm spacer piece of metal to the bottom of the catch arm (not in video above) should work 100%.

I did that on a friends WE M4 that was not catching at all and now it is 100% working, as long as there is enough gas in it that is.

Oh and done the same on my own WE M4 and the WE HK416 I had, no more bolt lock issues.

Archived