Scrapping old RIFs

I need to get rid of a few old RIFs that no longer work and probably aren't worth anything for spare parts. The problem is I am not sure how to get rid of them, just throwing them away seems like a good way for causing problems for someone if they turn up in a rubbish dump, etc. So, what's the best way to dispose of old RIFs in the UK now? Thanks.

I'll take shell parts for other projects I work on!

But if you are truly set on destroying the poor things, hack each part into two so that it can't be used then put them in a bin bag with all your other rubbish, it's just bits of plastic and metal at that point. Also don't put anything with your address in the same bin bag... just in case some soccor mom is working at the refuse place.

Whenever I need to get rid of a RIF first call is always strip it down and try to sell parts, in the rare event no one wants any parts then I'll usually split out all the metal internal bits and that eventually goes to the local tip/metal recycling/scrap man and any sort of reconisable external part gets hacked up and some of it goes in the bin each fortnight.

Maybe a bit ott but better safe than sorry imo.

You should be able to dropnthem off at your local police station, just like found and inherited weapons. I know we can here.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Don't do that, they'll use it for anti-gun propaganda. "Local otaku gun-nut hands in evil machine gun to police, police refuse to arrest or charge."

Lolz, isn't otaku actually quite an offensive term?

It's somewhat like nerd or geek, but in Japanese culture everyone is a nerd or geek about something so you only become an "otaku" when your obsession becomes unhealthy. That is exactly what the soccor moms think of us so it's quite appropriate.

It's somewhat like nerd or geek, but in Japanese culture everyone is a nerd or geek about something so you only become an "otaku" when your obsession becomes unhealthy. That is exactly what the soccor moms think of us so it's quite appropriate.

Good thing we live in UK where 'otaku' or 'soccor moms' have no social or cultural relevance...

I don't think its a big deal tbh. Give away what you can sure but for the rest split it up or smash it up as best you can and bin it... or just bury it in the garden ;)

Archived