1911 Pouch

Cryptkeeper

This is very much up to you, but there are 2 main types of pistol mag pouches you should try.

Closed and open type.

Closed ones have flaps that close over the mag to secure it. This flap also keeps the magazine clean (especially if you stow the mag top up) and ensure the mag stays in the pouch.

Open top types are more varied and have several sub options. But most of them offer faster access to your mag at the expense of protection from the elements. Most are very tight, have grippy panels on the inside, or use bungee to sinch the pouch tight around your specific mag. These types usually hold the mags securely and you just have to grab the end of your mag and pull to get it out. But make sure you buy from a reputable brand as cheap open top mags can have problems holding onto your expensive gas mags.

Another type of open to one uses bungee over the top of the mag. The pouch isn't really tight, but the bungee holds it in and you just have to sweep the bungee to the side and pull it out. Cheap brands of these types of mags are ok, but the bungee breaks down relitively quickly (but is replacable).

I personally prefer plastic mag holders (itw, blade tech, custom kydex options) and HSGI tacos.

I used the ones hitman posted for years and really liked them. They can be used as an open top pouch for quick CQB reloads or closed for woodland when you need more retention.

I've recently swapped over to these taco style pouches with the bungee retention over the top just because I swap between my 1911, socom and glock and it saves swapping the mag pouches.

I used the ones hitman posted for years and really liked them. They can be used as an open top pouch for quick CQB reloads or closed for woodland when you need more retention.

I've recently swapped over to these taco style pouches with the bungee retention over the top just because I swap between my 1911, socom and glock and it saves swapping the mag pouches.

+1

I can highly recommend all the Warrior gear. Proper stuff designed for real military use.

Archived