CYMA RPK Opinions?

AG1212

Outstanding gun for it's price tag. Really capable support gun, with great RoF, range and accuracy out of the box, without needing any upgrades at all.
Also of course being a RPK it's really light weight and manoeuvrable compared to any other weapons in the category.

The only downside it's a weak front trunnion, so watch out for it; be careful not to smash in the front (either the bipod or the barrel itself) and you'll be fine.

Self explanatory, what's the verdict on the Cyma RPK? 

Can only speak for myself and one other person I know who owned one. Decent performance, but lots of rough edges that might make it not worth the trouble over a more purpose-built MG.

First the bad. Like most CYMAs, they come a bit hot out of the box (mine chrono'd ~445 FPS stock), fairly certain a good chunk of it is steel but, like most high end CYMAs there's still pot metal bits. A common point of failure is the bipod due to this, and like the above poster mentioned, the front trunnion may be suspect. As an added bonus my front sight post died a horrible death at the exact same time and I had to improvise bolting a new one on from a completely different gun. My bipod ended up swirling around freely in circles and I had to take play out of it with some DIY mods.

Something I've observed personally and heard of second hand as well is that the actual receiver can have issues. The stock mount's base pretty much committed suicide in the example I witnessed, and while he'd (sort of) fixed it, it was never solid ever again and wobbled. YMMV as mine is still relatively intact sans the FSP and bipod's original configurations.

There's also kind of meh battery space but there's different ways to solve that problem. It shoots like a higher-end CYMA so as long as you don't use it for a walking stick like I do and keep some duct tape on hand just in case, it should fill it's role well.

Mine still works, though I've done a few mods to it. Been through about 4 years of skirmishing and has been beaten up a lot but still works great.

With tweaking it can be a murderously good platform. Without tweaking it's one of the best support weapons in it's price bracket.

I'll let you know when mine goes. Hasn't yet and I've been beating the *suitcase* out of mine.

A few notes:

-the stock barrel is a 509mm, which is fine, but the outer barrel can hide a 650mm barrel. I put a guarder bore up kit in mine with a 6.03mm 650mm barrel and a flat hop and I am slinging .28gs at 1.2j out past 60m with enough accuracy to use this as a BFO assault rifle.

- rear trunnion allows use of full stocks designed for AK74 AEGs. This includes buffer tube adaptors designed to fit on an AK74.

- outer barrel profile is true to the real steel - it is SIGNIFICANTLY fatter inside and just outside of the front trunnion. This means only rpk specific lower handguards, rear sight blocks and trunnions will fit.

- the fake bolt carrier is waaaaay too much fun.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock trunion (or is called tang?) on mine broke. Not even during a game, just sitting there. No real fix for that.

If you can, get the one with a folding stock. There's one with wood furniture and stilla folding model. That part is sturdier than on the fixed stock model.

Other than that: beatiful gun, nice details (realistic bolt) and really good performance.

Archived