WML and APL. Go Inforce $$ or Night Evolution?

Lone_Bullet

I don't need IR, but good tip on 2nd hand! Thanks!

I also need to know how 'blue' the LED's are.

For some reason I lose a little depth of field with blueish ( read: very cold, colour vanishing ) light.

I really liked incandescent or halogen I realise now. I tripped a lot when we were issued the very first LED headlamps at work.

LED bulbs for house lightening seems to have gotten a lot warmer in colour now-a-days and I wonder of that trend has also set into handheld/weapon lightening?

Yes i know what you mean, LED just makes everything white rather than give you detail.

But highpower xenon in a small package is very hard. LED's are so much more efficient.

If you want POWERRR you can try this bulb:

http://www.dx.com/p/xenon-bulb-7-4v-15w-3218

It is very good for the money.

There is also the 500lumen incandescent bulb (also 6P size) from lumens factory, but it draws even more amps (about 2,5A iirc). And while more powerful, is also more floody than the above.

You WILL need super power batteries. Either decent 2 x 18650, or super high end (hard to find) CR123 rechargeables.

If you use CR123 Rechargeable (which you more or less want, 2 x 18650 is a silly big body for such a small lamp head).

Current best ones are EFEST IMR16340 V2 Red 550mAh.

They last about 10 min. And will melt your hand.

They have (as any high performance CR123 Rechargeable cell) no protection circuits, and will die if you overdischarge, or explode if you overcharge them.

LED's are a bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I think in some cases the "it's good enough for airsoft" line gets taken too far.  A lot of ACM stuff is perfectly fine for hobby usage, but there's also a fair bit that isn't even good enough for running around on an airsoft field.

The key as always is to get on every single airsoft, gear and modern re-enactment forum you can and trawl away in those classifieds.  Along with every other 2nd hand sale site you can think of.  Also just waiting for sales at retailers, might be many many months waiting sometimes but everyoen (except maybe Crye et al) has a 10%-off-everything at some point.  Even if they don't there'll be a shop somewhere stocking their stuff who will because they need to shift inventory and get cash flowing.

Archived