Tokyo Marui KSG Gas Shotgun: First Impressions

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After years of wanting Tokyo Marui's newest releases and then not having enough money to actually buy them, I finally put my money where my mouth is and preordered their new KSG gas shotgun. I honestl

Great review, thanks! Hope to see some fielding reports soon Looks like Tokyo Marui is starting to lack behind even of Chinese cheap OEMs when it comes to plastics..  Don't get me wrong, they are on

Hi mate , sorry for late reply only just seen , any hoo yes I did use propane and as the bear said it was in a after market CnC tank that I bought for it . I’ve actually sourced another for my self (t

Also check your inner barrels, give them a cleaning. My last M870 (wood) was absolutely filthy straight out of the box. I needed two patches per barrel, and the performance difference and fps gains was ridiculous. It was almost like a BlaCK sludge/grease coating the barrels.

Edited by BerserkDS

Haven't actually tried putting any shells on the left side yet, ill check asap.

Fielded the gun today, hop was pretty weak with .25g. Hopefully just need some breaking in, all my m870s took some breaking in before they started shooting better.

Also, clean your barrels. Believeve it or not but Marui gas shotguns come filthy from the factory. Took me 6 patches to clean them.

Just received mine. The storage side does indeed take two shells, but I wouldn't waste your time putting them in there. Or at least on mine I had to get a thin flat head and flick the edge of the shell with the latch lifted to get them to come out. The active shell popped out easily enough when tilting the rifle vertically to give the shell a bit more momentum.

I did notice the two pins that hold the trigger pack in are quite easy to knock (they haven't fallen out but after just some messing around I had to push them back into place).

I'm fairly happy so far, mainly because of the hefty racking sound. Going to give the barrels a good clean and run it for a game or two this weekend and see how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everybody, 

The review of the KSG is now online. As usual, I made shooting test, accuracy, range, gas autonomy, consumption etc... The review is not subtitled yet, but I will work on it. A big thank you to my partner Univairsoft (www.univairsoft.com) for giving me the possibility to perform a full review of the gun!

Don't hesitate to comment ;)

Edited by Vasriotaep
  • 1 month later...

Having a play last night, definitely impressed so far. Though the 2 shell storage is such a waste of space and annoying. It makes for potential failed reloads as I couple of times the shell fell into the left lot instead of the right. While I like TMs attention to detail they should have either made both sides feed, or just had a single central chamber imo. 

I'm thinking I will knock up some kind of guide, possibly out of an old shell which would guide shells into the correct chamber for speedier reloads.

Also what shells feed happily in this? From what I remember the TM shells are crazy money, though the Nuprol ones are around £16 for 4 or Cyma £15 for 6. 

• 1 month later...

So I got my KSG apart today to install the SAT upgraded output valve. Entire gas assembly in the gun is one piece, and was pretty easy to swap. I didn't manage to test fire with BB's, but something I reinstalled was bad since I got a constant leak :/, so I'll have to open it up again and see what's causing it. The gun isn't too hard to take apart, but there are a metric ton of screws.

Also, inner barrel length is closer to 260-280mm, but can be extended almost all the way to 360mm.