review: ForeCore Armament FC-128

Just received a new asset from Gunfire,  the ForceCore FC-128, and as usual, i would like to share my findings&experiences with the forum  :)

About FORCECORE ARMAMENT & GUNFIRE 

Gunfire is -same as for Specna- exclusive ForceCore Armament dealer, once again a pretty new player on the airsoft market (appeard somewhere in 2015)

Forcecore is located in the same medium-pricerange as Specna, and offers comparable quality, full metal replica's.

It must be said, Forcecore has more variation in there models -contrary to Specna- besides there M4 replica's, they have a few AK models, three AS VL replica's, and even a BAR, and SPECTRE machinepistol ,  besides Gunfire offers a pretty big range of "original ForeCore parts"

Check here, once again, the full Forecore product range at Gunfire

.................................................................................................................................................................................

About the FC-128

The "Unboxing"

Dont want to bother you guys with a boring summary of content , just click on the link to the Thinglink page at discover for yourself the content of the box  :)  

0mdA5Zt.png

The FC-128 replica itself

When we take a closer look at the FC-128 itself, we see a replica composed out of multiple (external) parts, of different manufactures (repro's of RS brands admittedly),  

Full metal made, (exept the stock, and pistol grip, of coarse)

Nicely finished, with white laser etched markings.

The "Wirecutter" style rail is the most remarkable part of this FC-128 replica, and a great repro of the War Sport  LVOA-S SBR rail

Thbi65M.jpg

About the War Sport LVOA-S SBR

War Sport is a US weapon manufacturer wich as known a fast growth in 2013, and quickly expanded from 2,  to 20 employees.

LVOA stands for Low Visibility Operations Aplications, and in fact is a high end AR-15 model designed for tactical shooting.

On the photo below the original LVOA-S SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) 

OHtaBlA.jpg

.............................................................................................................................................................................

About the Externals

When we take a closer look to the details of the "externals",  and starting at the front,  we find the "muzzle break compensator", flush with the rail.

This is a nice replica of the PWS TTO compensator, also clearly visible, the details of the wirecutter-style rail .

9pujUB9.jpg

A bit further to the rear, 3 nice, separate picatinny rails, fixed with DIN 7991 countersunk screws, witch allows a placement of choice.

ddnyc1R.jpg

Overal view on the LVOA rail, acurate to theRS version, nice finished

NVgnJSY.jpg

Due to the "skeleton" design the innerbarrel is good visible.

bUrqhzG.jpg

The rail is 100% wobble free tightened around the barrel nut, good system,excellent made !!

oHnKoFm.jpg

Here i have the rail disassembled, déééép in the central thread hole a "tricky" tiny screw, witch prevents the rail comes of the barrelnut,

Its not obvious, and can be a pain in the *albatross* to find out :wacko:  

FrkeZHJ.jpg

D1avw1g.jpg

F6KibK0.jpg

CHECK HERE TO SEE AL THE PHOTO'S  OF THE RAIL

In the rail we find the 10,5" inch outer barrel, witch is pretty nice finished, if you zoom in on the photo, you can even see the lathing marks, a very nice, and realistic detail in my opinion !!

1VwxguB.jpg

pOpDRGY.jpg

sQxbfIU.jpg

And so we end at the receiver, this is also nice made,al necessary parts are functioning as it should be

• Fire selector, turns smooth, with clear noticeable clicks.
  • Mag catch, works perfect, de magazine has much "wobble" in the magwell , must be said !
  • Bolt catch, is, unfortunately, not functional -as with Specna- :(
  • Charging handle, open the dust cover, and bolt ornament plate, witch reveals the hop upadjustment, unfortunately the bolt plate , wont stay open, witch make hop-adjustment a bit harder :(
  • Dummy bolt assist, a nice gadget, feature
  • Beautiful white laser etched markings, and "Bone Frog" on the receiver   

Some remarkable details: 

The trigger guard is a KAC SR-15 model

Pistol grip is based on the L119A1 grip or Lonestar II stowaway grip, whether with a bevertail. 

sfq9jHJ.jpg

khO6mov.jpg

yyRvSuR.jpg

bqGgikh.jpg

1qG3vfK.jpg

"The Bone Frog"

This awesome symbol deserves some special attention in my opinion !

We see appear this symbol, more and more in Airsoft-land, and the meaning of it deserves some explanation.

?The Bone Frog is an un officious though, recognized symbol , representing the fallen SEAL'S.

Due to this meaning, wearing the Bone Frog -in fact- is only permitted  for the SEAL comunity !

There is also a Bone Frog Challenge, founded and managed by Navy SEALS, its a 9 a 12 mile run, with at least 36 obstacles.  

.............................................................................................................................................................................

At the rear end of the receiver, we find a classic Crane stock, wich also has pretty much wobble !

The Crane stock slides over a 6-position "commercial-style" receiver extension, aka stockpipe, without position markings !

The rear end of the receiver is closed with a simple end receiver end plate, without sling attachments !

FdLLGTY.jpg

DGKUnIe.jpg

About the Back Up Iron Sight's (BUIS)

Supplied with this FC-128 a set of BUIS in KAC style (Knight Armamament Company) witch -in my opinion- are a wrong choice for this type of replica.

In front this is a Mk18 front flip up sight , wich on its turn is a pretty accurate repro, de leaf spring keeps the "tower" good in position.

The bead sight is not adjustable !

vqNtWGe.jpg

0dZnNdU.jpg

At the rear we have a KAC 600M rear sight , also pretty acurate replicated.

The white marking's on the elevation drum -i suggest- to make black, since this looks very unrealistic !

The white markings for the windage , in contrary are koosjer, and nice !

The elevation stem has no clicks , its just a spring who keeps the stem a bit under tension.

So... it is what it is, i know this sight's pretty good, since i made them a already once by myself, so take once again a look, compare them and tell me what you think of it  :rolleyes:

65XoKnZ.jpg

9mscFhi.jpg

fnQopb9.jpg

CHECK OVERHERE ONCE AL THE PHOTO'S OF THE EXTERNALS

CHECK OVERHERE ONCE AL THE PHOTO'S OF THE RAIL 

The internals 

A look under the "hood" now.

Starting at the rear end, and when whe remove the Crane stock, we have the rear wiring, with a fuse box connected between.

the FC-128 is equiped with a Tamiya s batery connector

UCiiyow.jpg

Stock tube disassembled

5s9wLGW.jpg

In front a steel receiver pin, with a lock screw, once removed,  the upper, slides of the lower receiver

The we can also remove the 330mm brass inner barrel , with the classic metal hop up chamber.

5WjTLuF.jpg

fKG2aim.jpg

DZBTWdc.jpg

The lower receiver now can be further disassembled, in the usual way

7NJCtfy.jpg

B036hzH.jpg

GcRrp1r.jpg

De rear receiver pin is secured with a spring, witch keeps the pin attached to the lower.

The dummy bolt catch, now can also be taken of.

bsbUhlY.jpg

41c3XpT.jpg

Classic V2 reinforced gearbox, with 8mm ball bearings, and fixed with Phillips screws !

3AqY0oz.jpg

yg1snSs.jpg

DcFXoNi.jpg

TyDL8Nz.jpg

CHECK OVERHERE AL THE PHOTO'S OF THE INTERNALS

Apparently i posted to much photo's in the first post , so i am forced to make a new , dont forget to scroll to the first post in this topic !!!

The V2 gearbox opened, what do we see ?

Steel gears there are some shims,but i didn't checked if this is realy a decent shim job  
Stainless steel type 2 cylinder
Classic steel springguard
Plastic piston, and piston head, with full metal teeth
Plastic cylinderhead, with 1 O-ring, and a kind of rubber damper.
Brass nozzle with O-ring kinda remarkable !!
Al together not bad for this price range not ?

QihdWB0.jpg
lse4mKH.jpg
7pv3dJd.jpg

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Performance test "out of the box"

Finaly is tested the FC-128 "out of the box"
I filled up the supplied high cap mag with 0.30g Specna BB's, and put the replica behind my Element  chrono 

Then i installed the FC-128 in my DIY shooting stand - fixed, and leveled - and aligned the inner barrel's axis , with the target 12m further with my laser bore sighter 

NjZOKgI.jpg
mwUPgpj.jpg

After the first shots with the 0.3g BB, it appeard some "hop" was already required -even on this short distance, after some adjusting it seems that this FC-128 perform pretty good out of the box, not ?

6nRniMX.jpg
EQnJfGh.jpg

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

STYLING & PIMPING

But what to do with this FC-128 ?
?Wel in the first place its recommended, to upgrade the internals a bit , precision barrel, flat hop, lonex hop up unit to gain some better precision, furthermore upgrading the gearbox with some better parts of choice to achieve better consistence in the shots.

External, this FC-128 really yells out to to be looking as a genuine LVOA-S , in my opinion, and due to the rail of coarse
So its obvious that the LVOA is the reference for external upgrading.

The LVOA is a tactical sporting rifle, not in military use.
This means you have  more freedom of choice, compared to builds of real military models.
But nevertheless, some components are pretty characteristic  to achieve a proper LVOA look.

NokvepC.png

Some extra inspiration  :rolleyes:

qAadvkz.jpg
xHJrbtC.jpg
92NkrHd.jpg

I made some fast provisionally changes, witch give an immediate other appearance, not ?

zlt6KhR.jpg
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pro's & Con's

+ Price
Full Metal 
+ Nice LVOA rail & parts 
+ 9.6 V NiMH accu& charger included
+ "Out of the box performance" pretty good
+ Full metal teeth piston
+ Nozzle with O-ring

- White Bone frog logo not realistic
- Various parts not LVOA koosjer 
- No functional bolt catch,  hop up adjustment dificult.
- Mag, and stock much wobble.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Edited by aac
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...