WE/Socom Gear PLR-16

Hello all, I know this gun have been out for some time but wanted to share my thoughts on it after owning it for almost two weeks, so therefore a short review/ overview. 

Posting it in the pistol review section because it is technically a pistol even tho the RS shoots 5.56x45  :D

And sorry about a couple of the pictures, my camera died and had to use my phone.

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo9_1280.jpg

Packaging: It comes in a boring brown cardboard box with a small sticker in the right corner saying whats inside. 

In the box you will get the gun, I bought the WE version with stock even tho I'll probably never use it but better to have it and not need it and vice versa, also it cost the same with stock as without where I bought it, you'll also get the manual, a magazine, a speed loader and a m4 special wrench.

Trademarks:

On the right side

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo2_1280.jpg

On the left side

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo7_1280.jpg

Magazine: Now here's something that kinda sucks, the rubber gas route on this is flat, it says it will take any m4 magazine from WE but you need to buy new flat gas route and modify your new magazines to get them to work. I have no idea why WE did this but anyway, I have a couple WE MSK magazines and gas routes on the way.  :)

tumblr_oe6c5eg6b61ur6nigo3_1280.jpg

Flat and not rounded like other WE m4 guns.

tumblr_oe6c5eg6b61ur6nigo1_1280.jpg

Sights: Simple but effective, remember to tighten the screws on the rear sight after every use cause the blowback will shake them loose  :fear2:

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo5_1280.jpg

Other things worth mentioning:

- The kick is insane, they did not lie in their teasers when this came out, it kicks really good.

- Hard to find the single shot, it's just a button for safe, semi and auto where the semi setting are in the middle and there are hardly any sign of when you're in the sweet spot.

- Front heavy both with and without the handguard, yeah it's a pistol but can't imagine anyone wielding this with one hand  :o

- A lot of space for accessories 

Threaded 14mm barrel

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo6_1280.jpg

The grip doesn't look all that great but are fantastic to hold, also a sling attachment at the back. The grey "button" is a pin which is the only thing you need to remove to disassemble it.

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo4_1280.jpg

The front with handguard that sports a 20mm rail.

tumblr_oe6c3lSivU1ur6nigo10_1280.jpg

The gun without handguard.

tumblr_oe6c5eg6b61ur6nigo6_1280.jpg

Super simple takedown, A+ in my book that the bolt looks almost exactly like the RS  :D

tumblr_oe6c5eg6b61ur6nigo4_1280.jpg

Here with redpoint and Osprey mock suppressor 

tumblr_oe6c5eg6b61ur6nigo2_1280.jpg

Request more pictures if your wondering about anything  B) 

• Like 2

The bolt stays open when the magazine is empty and when the magazine is removed, you just have to pull the charging handle again to release the bolt, you can lock open the bolt manually by pressing a "button" behind the magwell when pulling the charging handle, mine makes a strange sound, like it's rubbing against something when doing it so not sure if it's a good idea or not :P

tumblr_oe7uswe6OZ1ur6nigo1_1280.jpg

Mine arrived today. Tried the above method for locking the bolt back (im in an office so no testing it yet) and it doesn't rub, more of a smooth glide over this part as the bolt travels back. Could possibly be just an edge that needs some use and wear if yours is new?

Also, the nozzle, if I can find a decent 2nd hand XM I'll be adding that to the collection, what version of nozzle is this? Do M4 nozzles fit, or is it the L85 nozzle? That's the only other nozzle I can find that's flat