Kriss Vector Hop Issue

bankz5152

Evening!

After what 5 years? My Vector is having some hop issues. I noticed during the summer my range had dropped substantially to around 60ft, upon inspection I found the hop rubber to be very swollen (despite using dry propane :| ). At the time I replaced it with what I had, Falcon Green, which for around 5 mags worked perfectly. Was slinging .28gs ~180ft, after that all went to hell. It just over hopped everything I fed it, managed to get it to shoot straight-ish with some .32s but thats it.

After that I bought the Maple Leaf hop set (shown below) and a Maple Leaf steel chamber (as mine was pretty shagged from not using the hop tool....). First issue it would cycle full power but the BBs would either drop out of the barrel or fire about 5ft - hop adjustment did nothing.

I did notice the new end of the hop arm protruded slightly outside of the chamber, so it was not seated inside the slope inside the chamber that actually adjust the hop. Not sure if I have done something wrong or it just doesnt fit. It seems as though the new steel hop arm sits too far forward to actually have any effect on the hop.

So I stripped it down and replace the steel hop arm with the original copper/brass hop arm while now it feeds happily it over hops .3gs as if they where .2gs also have minimal adjustment.

Any ideas?

RA-AT-G-ESD007-1L-700x521.jpg

Got a pic here showing the size difference between the steel ML arm and the standard KWA brass/copper arm.

20160928_190825_zpsp42wnhhb.jpg

In the cases I've had of overhop at the minimum setting with similar systems I've either adjusted the arm to apply no pressure at that point and/or set the hop to maximum and filed the mound with a round file if there's excess material inside the barrel with the new hop rubber.

I've had similar problems with the Maple Leaf hop and barrel. Would overhop everything if I added a tiny piece of plastic/cardboard under the hop arm. And wouldn't hop anything without it(I am 100% sure it was installed correctly and hop arm wasn't protruding out of the chamber or adjuster).

My suggestion would be to add a dap of glue to the underside(flattened and widened part) of the hop arm and let it dry. Should be enough to make it hop properly. Alternatively add some tape till it hops properly.

• 2 months later...

Basically buying the Maple Leaf stuff in components = junk that doesnt work. 3 times I've done this now on 3 different guns so if you are going to buy a Maple Leaf upgrade kit then buy the drop in kit!

The standard length ML drop on hop FINALLY came back in stock so was ordered and fitted. Full range and accuracy restored! In fact I think it's a little better!  

Archived