Can i increase rate of fire on a GBB?

grimmah

Hey. I purchased a Stark Arms G18C a while back, and whilst i like the feel and fit and finish of the pistol, the ROF in auto fire leaves something to be desired i think.

I have a WE G34 (well, technically its a SRU PDW thingy) which has a way quicker ROF and much more like the real steel counterpart, and this is what i would like to see on my SA pistol.

I dont have too much experience with GBB aside from modifying a couple of TM pistols with metal kits, heavier springs and high flow valves. A G17 and the Detonics.

Are any of these parts any that would change the ROF for a higher ROF? These two pistols i mentioned above are my first GBB pistols with auto fire capabilities, aside from my Kriss Vector.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. To clarify, i am only after a higher ROF, not felt recoil etc, unless those would coincide with eachother.  

Regards,

grimm

Right now, im using ASG's Ultrair Power Gas, but there is no mention of the pressure on the bottle what so ever.

I'll look into whether it already has a high flow valve installed as standard.

That recoil spring looks interesting, but i dont like the fact it naturally will disable the slide locking back..

Right now, im using ASG's Ultrair Power Gas, but there is no mention of the pressure on the bottle what so ever.

I'll look into whether it already has a high flow valve installed as standard.

That recoil spring looks interesting, but i dont like the fact it naturally will disable the slide locking back..

There is an interesting gas PSI chart in this thread: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/216209-review-of-the-asg-cz-p09-gbb/

But ASG UltraAir is pretty much the strongest of the gasses classified as normal "Green Gas", at around 140 PSI.

By the way, NonEx, do you know of a place in Sweden which carries Toky Marui's own HFC124a gas? I have a nice original TM silver detonics which i dont wanna ruin by shooting it with regular green gas. Importing that stuff would take 7-8 weeks. Not that i could use it outdoors for plinking anyway, but i dont wanna wait 7-8 weeks on something i could get in Sweden. Ive tried several retailers but none seem to carry it.

Using a stronger obviously will up the FPS, so I can't recommend that.

As mentioned

- Lighter slide, which includes everything moving with the slide like BBU, Sights, barrel and hop unit.

- Stronger recoil spring, add short stroking buffers to the recoil spring guide.

- Check/ optimise the pistonhead seal.

- Polish slide and frame rails and use thin oil for lubrication.

With glocks you can also polish the upper outer barrel

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Using a stronger obviously will up the FPS, so I can't recommend that.

That's a common misconception. But gas guns compensate pressure with volume. The floating valves are there to cut the gas output to the nozzle side when the designed gas "amount" (volume at a give pressure) is reached, and they control the gas flow with the slide itself retracting the firing pin and therefore releasing the magazine's output valve, so they can cycle and shoot at roughly the same FPS at any given pressure between their min and max working pressures. 

As long as you don't go beyond the mag's rated max pressure, using stronger gases won't increase your FPS, it will only make your cycles snappier and prevent cooldown, as less gas volume is used.

Check this video by Diles46 comparing Nuprol's line

And also this by Nugentgl comparing green gas, propane and Map Pro (propylene) on green gas mags, and CO2 mags.

Raw data if you want to save some time.

The only guns that get higher FPS from stronger gases are those who have no compensation at all, like bolt action gas guns as Tanaka's M700 and "clones" (KJW m700, G&G G96) that relies on mechanical forces only (springs vs springs)

Iv seen that comparison by Nugentgl before, great work, but co2 is Defo more powerful then propane or mapp from my experience? So maybe the co2 bulb was semi depleted or something?

I owed most of the stark glocks at some point and although they are beautiful to look at and hold, the performance on them is a little bit lacklustre, the cycle speed being the biggest problem for me. Their is to much friction between the internals during cycling as tolerances are all over the shop. The best way IMO of getting cycle speed up is to avail of the stark arms co2 glock mags, a stronger recoil Spring and new guide rod to match (3rd party Marui glock ones work) with a rubber buffer installed, this will provide a nice snappy action at the expense of the longevity of your airsoft device.

but co2 is Defo more powerful then propane or mapp from my experience? So maybe the co2 bulb was semi depleted or something?

CO2 has other magazine design, with different valves, so it pretty much depends on the particular model. On his GHK, it shot about the same power output of green gas. 

But the point was all the other gases (the ones you could use in green gas mags), they all shoot the same despite having pretty different pressures.

Archived