WE Desert Eagle!

bankz5152

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refuse to believe silver paint is more expensive that black.

Well, their Makarov also had a difference in price between black and silver... but the silver is definitely not paint. It's some sort of beautiful surface finish. Far from an expert on that so cannot really tell, but it's definitely not "just silver paint". Hoping the same for their DE.

Well, their Makarov also had a difference in price between black and silver... but the silver is definitely not paint. It's some sort of beautiful surface finish. Far from an expert on that so cannot really tell, but it's definitely not "just silver paint". Hoping the same for their DE.

I would agree with this.

Looks like a good finish but of course only time will tell.

If you look at the photos KY has on their pages and zoom over the letters on the black and the silver models, looks like the silver is painted. 

The lettering on the black model is a lot sharper.

I guess I'm keeping my TM for now. :)

I owned the silver makarov for a while, it's really really nice so I have high hopes.

Wonder who will come to market first with steel kit, this thing is going to be such a beast, hopefully the licensing isn't going to affect the 3rd party kit like it did with the fnx45.

WE's silver is plating. Looks good and more durable than their black paint and black anodization, but because of that it has the tendency to make users abusive on the finish. Rub it the wrong way and you show the copper base plating underneath and just looks horrible unless you fill in those gouges with black paint to resemble trapped dirt/grease instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived