WE Desert Eagle!

bankz5152

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, new WEs are very little different from old.

Sure the success rate used to be lets say 50/50 that it would last 1000-2000 shots, now you are looking at around 80/20 that it will last.

Still not the 99/1 that some other companies have and often for not much difference either.

But then I have only had one KJ break on me and half of my KSC/KWA pistols broke easily but many used to swear by them.

All subjective but if it wasn't for WE giving me a UK purchasable P99 that might last longer than the Maruzen then I probably wouldn't both with them.

'FireKnife'

Yep I had the new type m92 and xdm, both failed. I have had the g36 c which was great and the we ak74u, msk, scar l and m4 all ok, would be better if they made more expensive versions for people who actually want to use them on a regular basis and not use the cheapest metal in the world.

I have one of the WE P99's and it's pretty good. It cycles with a good snappy action and feels pretty good in the hand. One main issue I have is that it will not hop BBs which is a bit of a pain! Nothing some tweaking won't sort out though.

If the WEagle uses a larger diameter cylinder like they have in the P99 it is going to be absolutely evil!

Every gun has it's quirks. WE's are just so popular, you'll find some broken easier just because of sheer numbers. 

But to quote an example, I'm in charge of maintenance for 10 WE glock 17s (mixed gens) for the local rental CQB field... Those are guns that takes a thousand shots or so each week. For 6 years. All of them had the sear worn out at some point, but that's a 2 bucks spare part every now and then and they keep on running strong.

Field owner decided to bring 4 new KJW G17 just cause he got his head full of this "WE is " nonsense and wanted "something better"... Al 4  KJW have a bad case of missfeeds just out of the box, will feed the first 2-3 rounds and then dry fire every time. 2 of them also have a slide stuck issue. Which I'm trying to figure now. 

So no. WE it's not a bad brand. Back in the day when they just copied everything TM with lesser materials and cutting corners everywhere they were quite crappy. They have some specially troublesome models, ironically enough some of the most popular: their old 1911 were awful, their G18s got the nozzle snapping every time, their Lugers are prone to full auto, and their Brownings to slide stucks. They got their reputation well deserved, sadly. 

But most of those guns have been revisited in the newest batches, making even those quite reliable. And every newer design (say 4-5 years or so) is just as good as any other brand. You'll find some broken, but that's just a matter of probability and the relatively massive numbers they handle. 

All in all, they have earned my trust by now. And I think this Desert Eagle will be an extremely satisfying, hard kicking and reliable gun 

• 4 weeks later...

:P

I've always sort of wanted one but I can't justify it because I know my hands are too small to handle one... Hrmmm...

The normal Desert Eagle that is, not the Double Deagle and not something else either :P 

:P

I've always sort of wanted one but I can't justify it because I know my hands are too small to handle one... Hrmmm...

The normal Desert Eagle that is, not the Double Deagle and not something else either :P

Its true that small hands make other things look bigger, no perv...

Yeah was gonna post. They announced on FB due to overload on WE factory the new date is mid August. :o

From the a roundabout route on FB an apparently offical statement from WE:

"Due to overloaded capacity of WE factory, WE - Cybergun licensed Desert Eagle .50 Cal GBB pistol with marking (Black/Silver) will be delayed approximately 1 month. Shipment expected to arrive during mid of August.

Our sincere apologzies(sic) to bring you any inconvenience."

(my emphasis) :(

• 1 month later...

WE and KY Airsoft have posted today that release is very close for this. KY Airsoft states they have taken delivery of Desert Eagles and waiting for go ahead on release from WE and Cybergun.

Source: KY Airsoft and WE Facebook pages.

Black, $135 USD: https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-cybergun-licensed-desert-eagle-50-cal-gbb-pistol-with-marking-black-pre-order-42224?search=desert&page=2

Stainless, $180 USD: https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-cybergun-licensed-desert-eagle-50-cal-gbb-pistol-with-marking-electroplating-silver-pre-order-42225?search=desert

Weird to have such a massive difference in price for the different colours no?  Have any of their previous pistols had different prices for different colours? 

Silver finish doesn't look special.  Just regular, crappy WE silver paint even though it says it's electroplated.  I refuse to believe silver paint is more expensive that black.

Archived